Having a cool airflow within your living space is not enough if the air quality is poor. Subsequently, we recommend having an air purifier fan combo to help maintain cool and clean air.
Accordingly, we have put together a detailed buying guide for quality combined units in this category. While at this, let's first understand the concept of a combined air purifier fan unit.
- What is a Combined Air Purifier Fan Unit?
- What is the best air purifier fan combo?
- 1. Lasko Wind Curve Portable Electric 42" Tower Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer
- 2. Honeywell HYF048 Fresh Breeze Tower Fan with Dust Filter
- 3. Dyson Pure Cool TP04 Air Purifier and Fan
- 4. Blueair Pure Purifying Fan
- 5. Ultty R21 Bladeless Tower Fan and Air Purifier
- Fan vs. Air Purifier
- The Benefits of an Air Purifier and Fan in One
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Air Purifier Fan Combo
- Frequently Asked Question on An Air Purifier Fan Combo
What is a Combined Air Purifier Fan Unit?
An air purifier combo is an air conditioning appliance with dual functionality of air cooling and cleaning. Modern fans are available in tower style, while others have the traditional fan design. Therefore, combined units provide functions rendered by both fans and air purifiers, with the advantage of cost and space-saving.
Even so, it is essential not to confuse the air purifier fan unit with an air cooler because it doesn't lower room temperature. Instead, the product in question provides a cooling sensation. Having understood the basic functionality of an air purifier fan unit, let's look at the five best products in this category.
What is the best air purifier fan combo?
Buy on Amazon
1. Lasko Wind Curve Portable Electric 42" Tower Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer
- 【POWER YOU CAN FEEL】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan has...
- 【ICONIC BLADELESS DESIGN】With a category defining, slim, sturdy,...
- 【OPTIMAL WIDESPREAD OSCILLATION】While other fans promote a full 90...
- 【AUTOMATIC TIMER + FRESH AIR IONIZER】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve...
- 【DESIGNED IN THE USA】Designed and engineered in the USA and backed...
Our first pick for the best air purifier fan combo is the Lasko Wind Curve with a fresh air ionizer. The ionizer serves as the air purification component while it also has every essential fan feature. Specifically, the ionizer frees negative ions that attach to airborne contaminants and bring them down. Subsequently, these particles are trapped by an ultrafine mesh filter that is washable and cannot cause overheating to the motor.
Also, as the best tower fan, this combo offers an effective functionality with the help of the oscillating function, energy-efficient timer, and adjustable three fan speeds. Moreover, the Lasko Wind Curve is a quiet air purifier that is applicable while sleeping. In addition, during air cleaning and cooling, you can enjoy the convenience of remote control and a carry handle. In the end, the sleek design of this air purifying fan enables easy placement even in tight spaces where box fans can't fit.
2. Honeywell HYF048 Fresh Breeze Tower Fan with Dust Filter
- Digital tower fan: The Honeywell 3 speed digital tower fan with...
- Quiet cooling: This tower fan's oscillating action allows for greater...
- Increase your comfort: Using fans for air circulation in your home can...
- Honeywell fans: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in...
- Honeywell quality: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in...
We also recommend the Honeywell Fresh Breeze combo, which is cost-friendly. As an air purifier, it is built with a thin dust filter that is permanent and washable. In addition, the dust filter can trap larger contaminants, including pet dander, dust mites, and pollen. However, the HYF048 lacks an ionizer for enhanced air cleaning.
Still, the dust filter is made with a thin material that doesn't affect the air velocity during cooling and air cleaning processes. Furthermore, the Honeywell Fresh Breeze is a tower fan that doubles as a bladeless fan. This fan has 3-speed settings and breeze modes for customization as per your needs. Also, for better air dispersion around a room, it has a 900oscillation feature for broader coverage.
Moreover, the Honeywell Fresh Breeze has a smaller footprint for easy fitting in small spaces, and you can also add to its height by assembling the pedestal. For easy control, this Honeywell combo has a remote control and an onboard LCD control panel. Finally, this air conditioner comes with a digital thermostat for automatic powering on and off. However, the thermostat is not practical since the settings are not for lowering the room temperature.
3. Dyson Pure Cool TP04 Air Purifier and Fan
- Intelligently purifies and cools you.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums...
- 360° filtration system uses activated carbon to remove gases and...
- Air Multiplier technology circulates purified air throughout the whole...
- Automatically senses and reacts to changes in air quality - then...
Thirdly, we have picked the Dyson Pure Cool fan air purifier combo for its effective filtration and cooling features. We love this combined appliance for its True HEPA filter and a 3600 cartridge with an activated carbon filter. These features mean that the Dyson Pure Cool combo comprehensively cleans the air by removing contaminants and odors. Specifically, the HEPA filter takes air from all directions, trapping different air contaminants, including mold, dust, smoke particles, bacteria, viruses, pollen, and pet dander.
When it comes to the Dyson cooling fan, it has ten adjustable fan speeds and an air multiplier technology for effective air circulation. Moreover, the Dyson Pure Cool has an LCD screen to monitor the air quality, fan speeds, and filter status. Besides this, you can use the Dyson link app to monitor this Dyson fan and air purifier. Generally, this Dyson Pure Cool combo is the ideal appliance to avoid cooling unfiltered air by eliminating various contaminants and odors.
4. Blueair Pure Purifying Fan
- Unlike a standard fan, the Blue Pure Fan cleans as it cools; Removing...
- Patented fan technology delivers a gentle stream of clean, cooling air...
- The only purifying fan with customizable pre-filters; Fabric...
- Promotes sleep with gentle airflow to help lower temperature, purify...
- Minimalist design uses a single button to turn the fan on/off, cycle...
Another excellent middle ground for air cooling and purification is the Blueair Pure purifying fan. Precisely, this great pick is built with two stages of air filtration and patented fan technology. Subsequently, this combo appliance can deliver purified air within a 900 range but without oscillating.
We also like this fan air purifier because it has colored pre-filters, including yellow, pink, dark gray, blue, and light gray, all of which are washable. Additionally, the pre-filters are made to trap large particles such as pet hair, lint, and black mold spores. On the other hand, the primary filter is built to last six months and can capture fine particles such as dust, pollen, and other smaller particulates that are 2.8 microns.
This air conditioning combo is also lightweight for easy movement using its easy grip and comfortable handle. Furthermore, it has one convenient button for powering on and off or selecting any of the three fan-speed settings. If this appliance requires a particle filter replacement, it will also alert you. Finally, you can have the option of an auto mode model with air quality sensors, which also has a noiseless fan.
5. Ultty R21 Bladeless Tower Fan and Air Purifier
- Bladeless Fan Technology: No more rapidly spinning blade accidents for...
- Air Purifier Funtion: CARB certified this air purifier fan works on...
- Perfect cooling fan: 3-mode & 9-speed settings, Lower Noise, 8-hour...
- Better room air: cover up to 320 sq.ft. room, clean whole room air 5x...
- Wider Air Flow Circulation: This oscillating Bladeless tower fan...
Our list cannot be complete without the high-grade Ultty R21 bladeless fan and air purifier combo. In addition, this appliance is cost-friendly and is built with an H13-grade True HEPA filter for optimal indoor air quality. Additionally, with its air multiplier technology, this combo machine operates quietly. Besides its quietness, the fan is built with nine fan-speed settings, tilts 300 back and front as well as 900 oscillations.
Subsequently, this purifying fan is ideal for use in bedrooms and comes with a convenient remote controller. To add to its convenience, it has an onboard LED touch screen for easy adjustment of settings. Also, this combo unit is lightweight and portable. Finally, this product is easy to maintain but with a 6-month replaceable HEPA filter.
Fan vs. Air Purifier
We have already covered the concept of an air purifier and fan combo. In this section, we will further seek to understand the difference between a fan and an air purifier. First, a fan's primary function is to provide a cooling sensation, especially on a hot day, to make a living space comfortable to dwell in. Basically, a fan serves the same function as open windows in circulating fresh air.
Most appropriately, fans cool or circulate freshened air in the target space depending on whether they're stationary or oscillating. However, fans pose the risk of spreading dirty air or any kind of contamination even wider. For instance, a table fan or desk fan on your office furniture can spread dust beyond a table, causing colleagues to sneeze.
On the other hand, an air purifier acts as a particle filter that traps any contaminants found within a room's air. Ideally, this function is performed by filters that make the air in circulation around your home clean. Additionally, the size of the air purifier depends on the size of your living space. In line with this size principle, free-standing air purifiers are effective for proper airflow during purification.
Air purifiers apply ionizers through the dispersion of negative ions, which help remove contaminants and make the air fresher. Eventually, filters in air purifiers are filled with particles such as dust and other air contaminants. Therefore, it is vital to clean permanent air filters regularly or replace a non-reusable filter alternatively.
The Benefits of an Air Purifier and Fan in One
It is possible to find quality but separately designated appliances in the market. Nonetheless, if you find the best air purifiers that double as fans, you should expect to reap the following benefits:
- Air cleaning/purification from airborne particles alongside air cooling
- Removal of unpleasant odors
- Saving on money that you could have alternatively used on separately designated appliances
- Saving shoppers the energy of looking for a fan and air purifier separately
Considering the effectiveness of combos to clean air, the following will be the benefits you will obtain:
- Reduction of airborne diseases
- Improved and quality sleep
- Relieving asthma symptoms but removing airborne particles such as dust mites and pollen, among other allergens
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Air Purifier Fan Combo
1. Types of Fan Air Filters
The first consideration for the best air purifier fan is the type of filter installed in one. Definitely, air purifier fans with a quality filter will perform better than ones with low-quality filters. To identify if your fan air purifier has a quality filter, you should look for a true HEPA air filter and an activated carbon filtration system.
A true HEPA air filter can eliminate 99.97% of particles in the air, including ultra fine particles of a size as small as 3 microns. Subsequently, an air purifier fan with a true HEPA filter will capture germs, pollen, pet dander, allergens, molds, and dust. Conversely, an activated carbon filter absorbs and eliminates odors, smoke, and gases for cleaner air. Unfortunately, we don't know of any air filter that is True HEPA with activated carbon, but you can find air purifier fan combos with the best of either.
Despite the cool air and air quality you might seek from air purifier fan combos, it is also important to prioritize their design for effectiveness. Consequently, an air purifier and fan combo should be designed in such a way it's able to clean and cool air within the target space with maximum airflow. In light of this, the best design for maximum airflow is the tower fan and air purifier. Accordingly, a tower fan dispels large air amounts at a single time alongside adequate air purification.
Moreover, air conditioners combos that oscillate are better than their stationary counterparts. The best air purifier fan combo should be oscillating to circulate air to an entire room. Consequently, this feature will eliminate airborne particles and leave a cool breeze around a room, leaving the air clean and cool during the summer heat. Therefore, for maximum room coverage, the best air purifier fan combo should have an oscillating fan.
Lastly, a fan air purifier combo should be powerful for optimal clean air and an effective cooling fan. The more the power of a fan air purifier, the better it will absorb air resulting in maximum elimination of air pollutants. Additionally, powerful air purifier fans have a better cooling fan capacity. Luckily, most air purifiers recommended in our buying guide are powerful enough to deliver the best air quality.
Frequently Asked Question on An Air Purifier Fan Combo
1. Are air purifiers ideal while sleeping?
In simple terms, turning on your air purifier while sleeping is ideal due to improved air quality. Consequently, an air purifier eliminates contaminants that may cause allergies, discomfort, or insomnia. In light of this, we have recommended combo units that you can use while sleeping.
Image source: homesandgardens.com