A vacation at the beach can feel hectic considering the amount of gear you need to carry, especially if you're going out with family or a large group. The best beach cart with big wheels will make it so much easier to carry all your belongings, including beach chairs, sand toys, umbrellas, towels, sunscreen, and your food and drinks.
Investing in a good beach wagon or cart will help ease the hassle by shifting the burden from your arms to a heavy-duty frame and study set of wheels. With this comprehensive guide, you will be able to pick the best beach wagon that matches your needs.
- Which is the best beach trolley?
- What is A Beach Cart?
- 1. Mac Sports WTC-111 Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- 2. Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Wagon
- 3. Sandusky Lee CW3418 Muscle Carts Steel Utility Wagon
- 4. Sekey Folding Wagon Cart with Brake
- 5. Timber Ridge Folding Wagon Collapsible Utility Big Wheels
- Types of Carts
- What Should You Consider When Purchasing the Best Beach Cart With Big Wheels?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Beach Wagons and Carts
Which is the best beach trolley?
Buy on Amazon
What is A Beach Cart?
A beach cart, commonly referred to as a beach wagon, is closely compared to trolleys or shopping carts. They come with sturdy wheels and baskets made of perforated materials to ensure you have enough room to store your beach gears.
With the beach wagon/cart, the sand will fall through the spaces easily and ensure the beach gears are not damaged. Some carts attach themselves to bikes, and others need to be hand-pulled. Either way, these carts are quite beneficial, especially how they can compact or fold themselves for easy transportation and storage.
The best beach wagons below are compact, easy to maneuver, durable, and spacious enough to carry a lot of belongings as well as heavy loads. So, here are our top picks.
1. Mac Sports WTC-111 Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- LARGE CAPACITY - Sets up in seconds, No assembly required! Outside...
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" thick! Folded size...
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! - The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs.,...
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES include an adjustable handle for effortless...
- EASY TRANSPORT - Perfect for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events,...
Mac Sports has been a top manufacturer of recreational equipment products for more than twenty years. Among their best products is the Mac Sports WTC-111 Outdoor Utility Wagon, the most popular beach wagon, which was designed for outdoor use, including camping, gardening, or even at the beach.
With a weight capacity of 150 pounds, this collapsible wagon features a large interior that can accommodate everything you need to carry for a day at the beach. It comes when it's fully assembled and when not in use; this cart can collapse to 8 inches for easy storage and transportation.
While all Mac Sports have a durable construction that is built to last, this collapsible wagon is not different. It features a 600 Denier fabric and a heavy-duty frame that is proven to be very durable. The beach cart measures 35 x 20 x 23 inches, weighs 22.5 pounds, and has different colors, including pink, blue, camo, and black.
2. Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Wagon
- Extra wide 10 inch tread wheels
- Convenient removable tote with shoulder strap
- Side umbrella Holder
- Heavy-duty mesh fabric endures wear and dries quickly
- Sturdy steel frame
Looking for a colorful beach cart that blends well with the beach? Look no further as the Rio Brands Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Wide Beach Wagon has colorful designs that can not only be used for a beach trip but also for camping and fishing with your kids.
It features a storage compartment that is large enough to hold a variety of things. This cart also includes a removable tote bag, a mesh pouch, a side umbrella holder, a rack, and a bottom tray. The large storage space and accessories make it easy to carry your beach essentials, and you can also use it to carry trash, firewood, or laundry.
This foldable cart folds up for simpler storage and transportation. It comes fully assembled but has detachable wheels to ensure a smooth ride on the beach sand, including soft sand, sidewalks, or docks.
3. Sandusky Lee CW3418 Muscle Carts Steel Utility Wagon
- Crate wagon for transporting up to 400 lb. of supplies, equipment, and...
- Steel mesh crate with powder-coated finish for durability and...
- Crate sides fold down or remove for flatbed use with oversized loads
- D-style handle for pulling the wagon
- Four 10" pneumatic rubber tires for use outdoors and on most flooring...
As one of the most durable carts available in the market today, the Sandusky Lee CW3418 Muscle Carts Steel Utility Garden Wagon boasts four oversized wheels. This beach wagon can support a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds, and this is more than enough to support all your beach necessities.
This beach cart measures 21.75 x 34 x 18 inches and comes with sides that easily fold down for transportation and storage. It is made from a steel mesh with a powdered finish to prevent rust. Unlike most beach wagons, this heavy-duty all-terrain beach wagon has 10-inch diameter wheels that are pretty large and glide well on different surfaces.
Although this wagon is mainly designed for industrial applications, it also works great for the beach, especially on soft sand. This makes it an amazing option for transporting beach gear as well as other accessories.
4. Sekey Folding Wagon Cart with Brake
- ✅Sekey: We at Sekey are a customer-oriented company whose greatest...
- ✅Multi-purpose outdoor folding wagon ----- Our wagon uses an...
- ✅High-quality folding cart with easy mounting and storage ----- The...
- ✅Hand truck with adjustable handle and large capacity ----- The main...
The Sekey Folding Wagon Cart features four 7-inch rubber and all-terrain wheels that are well built to withstand grass, sand, as well as all kinds of uneven surfaces. It comes with a foldable loading box which is made from a durable 600D double-layered Oxford fabric and supported by a heavy-duty steel frame.
Its interior measures 31 x 18 x 10 inches, providing ample storage space, and can support a maximum weight capacity of 176 pounds. The beach wagon also comes with two mesh cup holders to ensure that your drinks stay upright. Setting up this Sekey beach wagon is relatively easy since there is no assembly required.
This all-terrain beach cart folds to become 31 x 22 x 7 inches for convenient transportation and storage. It is not only an amazing option for the beach but can also be used to carry your camping gear, groceries, fishing, and athletic equipment.
5. Timber Ridge Folding Wagon Collapsible Utility Big Wheels
- Large Capacity-Unfolded size of this collapsible wagon is 35.5L x...
- Flexible Wheels & Adjustable Handle- The collapsible cart equipped...
- Accessory Design- The folding camping cart equipped with 2 cup holders...
- Small Folding Size- With a compact design, utility wagon only 30H x...
- Multiple Occasions- The sturdy steel frame and fabric make this...
Another perfect beach wagon for soft sand is the Timber Ridge Folding Beach Wagon. Although beach sands are different, this beach wagon can work with them all, including soft sand, making it a great choice for beach days.
It has a big enough interior that measures 35.5 inches long x 18.4 inches wide x 12 inches high. No assembly is required for this beach cart and can easily be folded and stored in the carry bag included in the package.
Furthermore, it has very flexible wheels and an adjustable handle for safety and comfort. This wagon features a multi-use functionality such that you can use it on different occasions, including camping, beach, etc.
Types of Carts
There are many different types of beach carts, the main ones include;
- Wheeler carts- These carts have large rear wheels and small front wheels for better mobility and traction. The wheeler carts come with handlebars for easy pushing same way you do with a shopping cart.
- Wagon carts- These carts have a large storage capacity and provide superior stability. Unlike the wheeler carts which you push, the wagon carts you pull them instead.
What Should You Consider When Purchasing the Best Beach Cart With Big Wheels?
1. Weight capacity
While most beach wagons and carts have a similar weight capacity of about 150lbs, others have a higher capacity that can carry heavy loads. Always choose a cart based on all the gear you want to carry as well as your personal preference. Remember, the higher the weight capacity, the bulkier the wagon will be.
The best beach wagon needs to have a heavy-duty frame that can support the weight of all items that are being loaded into the cart. A cart with a flimsy frame will easily break or bend after being loaded. You also want to ensure that the frame construction has an anti-rust coat. Applying a fresh coat regularly is required since the more you use the wagon closer to the salty water, the more likely the cart will rust.
3. Wheel size
The best beach wagons come in varying wheel sizes, so you should be careful about which one you use. This is true especially when you're planning to spend adequate time on the beach. Small wheels might sink in soft sand, and for this reason, you should pick the best beach cart with big wheels and treads for traction.
Foldable beach carts allow easy transportation and storage even in small spaces. Most carts have a foldable feature that allows you to collapse them to a smaller size. You don't want to buy a cart that won't fit the trunk of your car or become a hassle to transport it.
While most beach carts and wagons will come fully assembled, some will require you to do some assembling, like fixing the wheels. Doing the assembly process should not take a lot of time to do it. Choosing a cart that is very easy to set up or requires little to no assembly is vital to avoid wasting time.
When it comes to beach carts and wagons, stability is one of the essential features, especially for outdoor use. While most of them will provide adequate stability, it is advisable to be careful while using the cart. In most cases, a sharp turn on uneven ground or while running may cause instability. For better stability, consider choosing beach wagons and carts with wheels that are not too close together.
Most of the time, durability is determined by the material and construction. While some manufacturers go for sturdy materials, others use less sturdy materials to reduce costs. Ideally, the more durable the beach wagon/cart is, the more expensive it will be.
How often you're planning to use the cart or go to the beach will also help you choose the durability of the cart. You want to get a cart that can handle all terrains on the beach and can last for more than one season or one use. As a result, the cart should be made from a durable frame and fabric to ensure it can be used for an extended period of time on the beach.
Your choice of the best beach cart with big wheels depends on how much it costs. Have your budget based on the key features you're looking to get. Luckily, these carts come with a wide range of prices for every budget. However, if you are looking for more versatility and durability, you may need to spend more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Beach Wagons and Carts
1. Can a beach cart carry kids?
While you might be tempted to carry your kids in the cart, it is crucial to note that beach carts are not designed for carrying kids. Generally, the design of a beach cart requires even distribution of weight whenever you're carrying the beach equipment.
This principle doesn't apply to kids as they tend to exert pressure on only one side of the cart. That being said, despite the carts having a large load capacity, t is not advisable to carry your kids in the carts for stability reasons unless they come with a stable base.
2. How do you clean a beach wagon?
Taking care of your beach wagon is recommended, and that involves cleaning it after every use. Exposure to saltwater may lead to rusting or cause damage to the frame of your cart. For this reason, ensure you rinse your wagon using clean water and allow it to dry before storing it thoroughly.