If you love creating art with the best epoxy resin, you understand the difference it makes when decorating your tumblers. As drinkware you are likely to use so often, you need the best epoxy for tumblers.
What kind of epoxy is good for tumblers?
Buy on Amazon
Now, you may wonder what difference it makes from other epoxy resins you use for other creations. To break it down a bit, you need to answer these main questions before getting your epoxy resin for tumblers;
- Is the epoxy resin healthy for drinkware?
- Is the epoxy easy to work with?
- Is it durable when fully cured?
If you need a few bottles that answer these three questions, this article is for you. We will share five great resins to use in making the best epoxy tumblers. Shared in no particular order, you will learn why they are best and why you might need to avoid them.
What is Epoxy Resin for Tumblers?
Epoxy resin is a versatile material created by mixing two components that are matched. There is a wide variety of epoxy resins, and the main difference is in the curing process. Epoxy resin for tumblers is explicitly made for use on surfaces that contact food or drinks. The epoxy resin is non-toxic and resistant to heat. In addition, the epoxy offers a clear finish that makes the tumbler neat and attractive. Now that we know what epoxy resin is, let us share our top picks.
Best epoxy for tumblers
1. Art 'N Glow Clear Casting and Coating Epoxy Resin
- Use our clear epoxy resin for all of your casting AND coating...
- Rigorous testing was done to ensure that our resin is a perfect match...
- Our resin is self leveling, self degassing, odor free, resistant to...
- One to one mix ratio is fool proof and has a forgiving 40 minute work...
- Use to coat tables and bars, encapsulate objects, cast figurines and...
This epoxy resin is your best buy as a beginner with tumblers to design. It is an odor-free casting resin that hardens perfectly after curing.
Additionally, it is a self-leveling and self-degassing resin that also offers excellent UV resistance. In addition, when you are buying epoxy resin, you need a product that is forgiving for your beginner skills. This product allows you to work on your tumbler for up to 40 minutes before it starts curing.
The non-flammable epoxy resin is your best bet for making amazing clear cast epoxy tumblers. The package comes with two bottles, one with the epoxy resin and another with the hardener. You will mix the two ingredients in a 1:1 ratio in your epoxy cup for your accurate decoration needs and stir for up to five minutes for the best mixture.
It is best to leave the tumblers for 72 hours before using them, especially with hot beverages. It is an affordable epoxy resin that is made in the USA and is BPA and VOC-free. It is easy to apply, and you can keep adding an extra epoxy layer until you are satisfied.
2. DR CRAFTY Crystal Clear Art Resin
- Perfect for any application - the Dr Crafty epoxy resin kit is ideal...
- Everything you need included - our art resin kit comes with bonus...
- Easy to use - straightforward and no confusion, just mix one part...
- Read the manual carefully - Please read the instruction manual...
This resin plus hardener package comes with everything you need to get your projects going. You can get it in two quantity options; either half a gallon or a full gallon. Additionally, it also comes with two measuring cups, two mixing sticks, and a plastic spreader, so you don't have to use your fingers or a popsicle stick when applying.
Additionally, it will prevent yellowing from UV exposure and is also moisture resistant for the best results. To apply, you will need to mix equal quantities for a good formula that sticks to plastic tumblers, metal tumblers, and ceramic tumblers.
The formula is easy to apply and also cures very fast. However, if you need to design colorful tumblers, add the colors sparingly not to affect the curing process. It is a food-safe epoxy resin with a low odor and is safe to use indoors.
3. Craft Resin Epoxy Resin Kit
- 💎 Craft Resin professional-grade clear resin and hardener allows...
- 💎 Once cured, our crystal clear epoxy resin is resistant to...
- 💎 Our all-in-one epoxy resin starter kit has everything you need to...
- 💎 With a 1:1 mixing ratio, our Epoxy Resin Kit is simple to use,...
- 💎 At Craft Resin, we are committed to customer service and...
Craft resin is a crystal clear resin and the best epoxy for tumblers that is easy to work with for your projects. Whether you are working on a countertop, jewelry, crafts or food utensils, craft resin will get the job done perfectly. Craft resin store is food-friendly, and coatings are allowed for food utensils. In addition, craft offers a durable finish that is resistant to many elements, including UV.
Craft Resin makes applying epoxy a process anyone can undertake due to its viscosity. The fluid will not run off unnecessarily while trying to work on your craft. The high-quality epoxy resin has non-toxic, environmentally friendly materials and offers a food-friendly finish. The tumbler is your best bet, and the reviews speak for themselves.
4. QING Epoxy Resin
- Good-value Full Kit - 1 x Cup Turner, 6.9 fl.oz. Epoxy Resin( Resin...
- Upgraded Tumbler Turner - Made of aluminium alloy and added anti-slip...
- Epoxy Resin Kit - Includes 3.45 fl.oz. Resin and 3.45 fl.oz.Hardener...
- Glitter Powder - 12 Assorted colors magic bright and bling spray...
- Practical Accessories - Silicone Graduated Cups with nonstick lining...
QING saves you time by offering you the complete kit that tumbler artists often use when crafting. The epoxy resin has a stable formula that does not react with anything the epoxy is exposed to. You can use epoxy on various materials, but as a tumbler artist, QING is a breeze to use. In addition, QING has a cup-turner that makes your work even easier. Do not worry about getting your hands messy because your work will be made easier at an affordable price for the whole kit.
QING is easy to mix, with only a ratio of 1:1 to worry about. A beginner can easily use the epoxy resin without taking a crash course. Making an epoxy resin tumbler seemed far-fetched in the past, but with QING, you can achieve excellent results from your home's comfort. The cup turner makes your craft a real business opportunity.
5. JAMCHUN Clear Epoxy Kit
- Super Easy to Mix and Apply - 8oz Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin+ 8oz...
- High Gloss Durable Finish - Self leveling, and self degassing, let you...
- Safe for Confident Use - Specifically formulated for artists with low...
- Your Affordable Choice - Ideal for all Casting, Coating and Art...
- Why Choose Us - We provide Not only high qualified products for you,...
JAMCHUN offers endless possibilities in creating different crafts and designs that you can think of. The epoxy casting resin has a high gloss, durable finish that is attractive and looks presentable on your projects. You can safely and confidently use epoxy because it is safe and easy to use. The low odor, low fumes and non-toxic nature of JAMCHUN make it your best choice for use at home.
JAMCHUN is affordable and is diverse, offering you the best option for the different projects you have been thinking of doing. You can prepare for vivid results and neat finishes free of any air bubbles that other epoxy resin brands can not offer. Buy JAMCHUN today for a memorable experience and value for your money. JAMCHUN is the best epoxy for tumblers for anyone seeking to explore this world.
6. JDiction Epoxy Resin
- ✅【EPOXY RESIN CRYSTAL CLEAR】Our premium professional grade epoxy...
- ✅【RESIN KIT FOR BEGINNERS】Everything you need is in our epoxy...
- ✅【SAFE AND ODORLESS】Our epoxy resin starter kit is...
- ✅【PERFECT APPLICATION】JDition epoxy resin fit for you to...
- ✅【PROMISE SERVICE】Please read the instruction manual provided...
JDiction will be your new form of addiction once you use the epoxy resin. The epoxy offers a professional-grade option with a crystal clear finish that you will not find on other brands. In addition, the epoxy has a rock-hard finish that is scratch-resistant and durable. You can count on JDiction to not yellow after a while, and the results will remain the same as the first day you used the epoxy.
JDiction is a reliable option that is safe and odorless. You can enjoy using the epoxy from your house without worrying about making everyone around you uncomfortable. The epoxy resin formula has no volatile organic compounds and is excellent for use on items in contact with food. JDiction is your best bet for experimenting on different items and materials because of its versatility and flexibility. Choose JDiction today and enjoy the benefits of a professional-grade epoxy.
7. Teexpert Epoxy Resin and Hardener Kit
- 1:1 Ratio By Volume & EASY TO USE. Teexpert art epoxy resin AB...
- CRYSTAL CLEAR & SELF LEVEL. The easy clear cast craft resin epoxy pour...
- HARD AS A ROCK & NO BUBBLE. The leisure art craft DIY resin epoxy kit...
- WIDE USE & NON TOXIC. The art craft crystal clear epoxy resin and...
- 100% MONEY BACK & NOT YELLOW. For any reason you are not 100% happy...
Teexpert is the expert in crafting perfect tumblers using epoxy resin. The ratio by volume of the brand is easy to use, and the instructions are crystal clear for any beginner. Apart from the instructions, the finish is also crystal clear. You can enjoy a neat finish on your tumblers for months to come without worrying about yellowing of any kind. The tumbler has a finish with no air bubbles remaining behind.
Teexpert is the best epoxy for tumblers, and it comes with a hardener to help transform the liquid form of magic to a durable solid finish. The product's wide use is unmatched, and the reliability is one you will not find in other products. With a 1:1 ratio, you can never go wrong when using epoxy resin. As a result, you can focus on creating instead of learning how to use the product, saving yourself the time that you will use to create.
8. Pro Marine ProArt Resin Kit for Glitter Tumblers
- 👌 A PERFECT CHOICE: Whether you’re a professional artist or you...
- 🥽 SAFETY COMES FIRST: This art resin epoxy clear is made with...
- 🌟 INTENSE SHINE: Unlike similar products on the market, this art...
- 😊 EASY TO USE: This resin has a convenient 1:1 ratio and a perfect...
- 🎨 VERSATILE & MULTIPURPOSE: Use this art glow epoxy resin for all...
This Epoxy resin is best for resin artists looking to design the best glitter tumblers without too much work. It is also great for other resign projects you can think of; all you need to learn are resin basics about mixing and applying.
It is a high-gloss, crystal clear finish, and self-leveling formula that also boasts a protective UV-resistant coat. This best resin is easy to use with a mix ratio of 1:1 for the resin and hardener and mixing thoroughly before pouring on your tumbler.
While you can expect it to be completely cured within 72 hours, the VOC-free resin is also odorless and non-flammable. So when you want to design the best glitter tumbler, this resin allows you to mix it with any liquid pigment for the best results. It is a food-safe formula you can buy affordably in different quantities.
9. Envirotex Lite Epoxy Resin
- High Gloss 2 Component Polymer Coating
- 1 Coat Equals Up To 50 Coats Of Varnish
- Require Shipping Of Gallon Envirotex In Full Case Original Cartons
- Preserves and beautifies
- Solvent free formula
If you need an easy-to-use epoxy resin, this product is your best buy. It is a pour-on resin you can use for your tumblers as it is also FDA-compliant according to the manufacturer's safety data sheet. However, as with all art projects, it will be best to leave the top rim of the tumbler uncovered for safer drinking.
You will get a high gloss finish which starts curing in eight hours. If you expose the tumbler temperatures of about 70°F, the gloss will fully cure after 48 hours.
One worry you might have about the best epoxy for tumblers is how durable they are. You need one that will last long even when exposed to sunlight or high temperatures. While all epoxy resins for tumblers will yellow with time, one like this Envirotex Lite resin will last longer so you can proudly present your tumblers.
According to the manufacturer, this epoxy resin is also heat-resistant and has a low odor. Odor and volatility are other features you should pay attention to when buying. In addition, the best epoxy resins need to be VOC-free, which means you can safely use the resin indoors without risking your health.
10. Stone Coat Art Coat Epoxy Resin Kit
- FULLY COLORABLE – Art Coat epoxy is compatible with Metallics, Mica...
- EXTENDED WORKING TIME – With a working time of 50 – 90 minutes,...
- ADDED UV INHIBITORS FOR MAXIMUM UV RESISTANCE – Art Coat is the most...
- ZERO VOCs – No VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) means our epoxy...
- FOOD SAFE – Art epoxy is food safe for incidental contact, meaning...
If you are a professional crafter, you will appreciate the diversity offered by this best epoxy resin. It is ideal for tumblers, jewelry, photos, wood, and paintings, among other epoxy projects.
It is a good epoxy resin for tumblers that comes in two bottles; one for the resin and another for the hardener. Therefore, it is easy to prepare by just mixing one part resin and one part hardener.
Also easy to apply to your tumblers, this epoxy resin allows a long working time of up to 90 minutes and fully cures within 72 hours. Unlike other epoxy resins, this one has better UV inhibitors you will find on the market, therefore guaranteeing longer-lasting epoxy tumblers.
It also allows you to work with different art products like acrylics and glitter. When you need the best epoxy for tumblers, you need a product that also guarantees your safety. This epoxy resin is USDA-approved as it contains no harsh chemicals. It is also VOC-free food safe.
Which are the Most Important Features of the Best Epoxy for Tumblers?
Your best epoxy resin for tumblers needs to adhere to several safety and application requirements. Look for a product that is;
a) Food Safe
It means that the ingredients used to make the resin will not be risking your health. However, it is best practice not to apply the resin to the top rim of your tumbler to guarantee zero contact when you drink from the tumbler.
Often, a food-safe epoxy resin will indicate FDA approval on the company's safety data sheet. In addition to applying to your tumblers, it is also the best option for tabletop resin or other kitchen projects.
b) Easy to apply
Ease of application relies on the best consistency for your resin. When buying, you will notice that the best epoxy resins come in two bottles; one with the resin and another with the hardener. It is best to read the mixing instructions to get the best consistency for easy application and curing.
However, other resins like the Envirotex Lite Epoxy do not require you to mix the parts. If you would like to mix with other products such as color and glitter, you will also need to understand the best mixing practices as the wrong consistency will take longer to cure.
Additionally, you can look for resins that come with a measuring cup and mixing sticks for a better craft experience. If your ideal epoxy resin does not come with these tools, you will need to make sure to get accurate cups for measuring and sticks for mixing.
c) UV resistance
One thing you need to understand about all resins is that they will fade with time. However, some have stronger UV inhibitors that extend the lifespan of your epoxy tumbler.
The best UV-resistant resins offer a glossy finish that is also scratch-resistant, thus keeping the UV rays away for long.
d) Odor and VOC elements
You will notice most resins are labeled odor-free and VOC-free. Make sure the one you buy also states these safety standards on the safety data sheet.
If a resin is odorless or has a low odor, you will be able to use it indoors without needing to wear a mask. In addition, a VOC-free resin lacks chemicals, gases, and other elements that would injure your health.
Your epoxy resin needs to cure in the least time possible. In most cases, the curing process, which includes the cured resin safely holding onto the tumbler surface, takes any time from one day to 72 hours.
It is best to note that the more coatings you use in your creation, the more time it will take for your resin to heal.
f) Heat Resistance
Epoxy resin that will go on tumblers needs to withstand temperatures that resemble hot beverages. The resin should not be reactive under high temperatures, and the maximum temperature that is safe to use should be well above hot beverage temperatures.
Resin, while in its liquid form, is sensitive to temperature changes. Therefore, the cooler resin cures slower, and warming up the epoxy will help release the bubbles for a clean and neat finish. However, once you are done working on the tumbler, the hardened resin should withstand high temperatures.
Best Tumblers to Decorate with your Best Epoxy Resin
The best tumblers to design with epoxy resin will be double-walled or insulated tumblers. The fully cured resin could be softened by hot temperatures, thus the need to use a double-walled tumbler for your project unless you intend to use the tumbler only for cold beverages.
With that, you can use your best epoxy resin on the following tumblers;
- Metallic tumblers. The best metallic tumblers will need a stainless steel body for better adherence without needing base paint. Still, the best option is an insulated tumbler that can withstand maximum temperature without affecting the dignity of the resin.
- Glass or ceramic tumblers if only you intend to use the cups for cold beverages.
- A plastic tumbler, only if you can spray paint all over the surface, and then only use the tumbler for cold drinks.
How to Apply the Best Epoxy Resin
When you're ready to decorate your favorite epoxy tumbler, follow the following steps.
- Line the work area with a plastic sheet to catch all the resin drips as you work.
- Place your cup turner on the work area and cover the plastic lip with tape so you can prevent applying the resin.
- Wipe off the surface of the cup using a damp cloth or rubbing alcohol, especially after sanding.
- If you would like to add color to your tumbler, you can spray paint with your acrylic glitter paint. Alternatively, you can spray adhesive and then sprinkle loose glitter.
- With your gloves on, it is time to mix your resin following the manufacturer's guide. If you have no gloves, use a silicone brush to apply the resin.
- The next step includes applying the epoxy resin. Start with turning on the motor, so the cup turner starts to spin. When in motion, carefully pour the resin, and you could even use your finger or stick to spread the resin evenly.
- Give the epoxy tumbler time to cure, usually up to 72 hours before you can safely use the cups. Note, you need to keep the motor turning after drying until the resin is dry to the touch. After it is dry, you can remove the tumbler and leave it to cure for up to 72 hours.
Epoxy resin is a perfect medium to work with and perhaps even better than spray paint. However, since you are using epoxy to make an epoxy tumbler, precautions are advisable. The tumbler needs to be safe for use once you make the craft. Ensure you use the correct ratios when mixing, which matters most for effective results. Choose the epoxy resin you will use wisely and look at the labels carefully. Heat resistance is critical to avoid any harm. Remember, safety first.