Everyone wants what they can’t have, right? But these days, you really can have it all. You can have your cake and eat it too! When it comes to hair, this runs true still. Ladies with short hair often lust over those with luscious, long locks. But often, when you end up growing your hair, there’s a strong pull towards cutting it short again. It really is a never-ending cycle. I have the solution, though.
Cue the hair extensions. Nowadays, anyone can buy the hair type, length and color of their dreams. So whether you want long tresses for a while or only for a night out, there are extensions available for every need. So you don’t have to panic every time you cut your hair anymore, in fear that you might regret it. That’s what extensions are there for!
In this article, I’m going to share the best hair extensions you can find online, both clip-in and tape-in ones. Whether you’ve got fine hair or thick hair, I’ll guide you through it all. So, say goodbye to bad hair days, because they’ll quickly become a thing of the past!
- What Is The Best High-quality Hair Extensions Brand?
- What Are Human Hair Extensions?
- What Does Remy Hair Extensions Mean?
- What Are Synthetic Hair Extensions?
- What Are The Different Categories of Hair Extensions?
- What are the best human hair extensions?
- 1. ABH 8A 100 Remy 3C-4A Kinkys Curly Clip-in Human Hair Extensions - Best Overall
- 2. Vivia Bella Hair Extensions - Best For 3B/3C Hair
- 3. Vario Clip-In Hair Extensions -Most Affordable
- 4. Foxy Locks Silk Seamless Volumizer- Best for Thin Hair
- 5. GOO GOO Clip-in Hair Extensions-Best Hair Extension Brand
- 6. Moresoo Remy Human Hair Tape in Extensions- Best Tape-ins
- 7. Amygirl 5 Piece 16" Remy Clip in Hair Extensions Human Hair
- 8. SEGO 20 Inch Tape-in Hair Extensions Human Hair
- 9. Sunny Tape-in Extensions 20 inch
- 10. Silky Remy Real Hair Clip in Hair Extensions
- 11. YILITE Tape-in Hair Extensions
- 12. Moresoo Weft Hair Extensions Human Hair Sew- Best Hair Extension on Amazon
- How To Choose The Highest Quality Human Hair?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Best Human Hair Extensions
What Is The Best High-quality Hair Extensions Brand?
All factors considered, the best hair extensions brand is the brand that very well fits within your budget and hair expectations. Not the best answer, but it's true. The best hair extensions will depend not only on your budget but also on your skill level and the look you’re aiming for.
For instance, if you want long hair for just one night, maybe for some special occasion or wedding, you can always get away with some cheap clip-in extensions from the hair shop or off Amazon. But if you want something that's a lot more durable, ideally that looks like real human hair, and that you can re-wear over and over again, then you're probably better off going for the highest quality human hair from a reputable brand.
What Are Human Hair Extensions?
If you ever see "100% Remy human hair" on the description and the product is from a reputable brand, then ideally, you know that you're getting the top-tier stuff. But if you ever see the description just read "100% human hair," or just "human hair," then it means that the hair is probably some human hair that's most likely mixed with some synthetic hair. And even then, not all the real human hair is from the same person.
In the latter case, to be wearable, non-Remy/ human hair needs to be stripped off its cuticles so that the strands can face either direction without getting all tangled up. Afterwhich it is bleached and dyed in the same color, then coated with some silicone to add back the shine and softness.
As a result, hair extensions will feel relatively soft and sort of natural, but they won't have that healthy, true-hair texture and look compared to the Remy hair. Remy hair is also a little heftier in cost.
What Does Remy Hair Extensions Mean?
Remy or Remi hair is a term used to describe unprocessed human hair that really grew from someone's head. In an actual sense, Remy hair is the top tier of hair extensions that is 100 % virgin human hair, meaning it’s never been dyed or processed and comes in the same texture. Most of the time, it's true Indian hair.
Additionally, its cuticles are still intact, meaning the strands still face the same way they grew out. As a result, you can wear this hair countless times and still look fabulous with proper care.
Pro tip: The cuticles intact part actually matters since mismatched cuticles mean that the strands will tangle, catch, or break—which is really not good.
What Are Synthetic Hair Extensions?
Synthetic hair extension materials range from wool to yarn to manufactured fibers, all the way straight-up to plastic. The most popular one is Kanekalon hair, which is the most popular and highly rated synthetic hair brand. Definitely for a good reason.
It comes in a high-quality material that tends to feel closest to human hair and that looks less shiny. Like human hair, synthetic hair comes with varying levels of quality—the lowest-tier being the plastic-y wigs that come with your Halloween costume that you cannot use hot tools with.
What Are The Different Categories of Hair Extensions?
These are the most common types of extensions that you'll hear a lof celebrity hairstylists and experts mention;
- Clip-in hair extensions are pre-clipped extension strips that snap onto some sections of your real hair right at its root
- Tape-ins are pre-taped strips of the extensions that are glued or taped along with the roots of your natural hair by a hairstylist. Typically, a celebrity stylist would go for these
- Sew-in extensions are also known as a weave. These extensions are sewn into your own hair that's braided-up using a needle and thread by the hairstylist
- Halo extensions are the very least invasive style to your hair roots. The halo, a transparent wire that sits around the crown of your head, has the bottom half that contains the hair, while the top half remains bare, so it can be a lot easier to hide under your own hair. Since it isn't secured to any of the stands, there's little but manageable weight pulling on your natural strands, and it's super easy to do yourself
- Keratin extensions are tiny strands of high-quality synthetic hair that are professionally heat styled and bonded to the tiny strands of your natural hair using a keratin-based glue
- I-tips are strands of extensions that are professionally crimped to the strands of your own hair using a flattened microbead, without any use of any heat or glue
What are the best human hair extensions?
Buy on Amazon
1. ABH 8A 100 Remy 3C-4A Kinkys Curly Clip-in Human Hair Extensions - Best Overall
- 100% Remy human hair: Made with 100% Remy human hair which is super...
- Beautiful curls: The curly hair type is 3C&4A kinky screw curls with...
- Versatile hair: The hair can be washed, conditioned, cut, colored,...
- Super easy using method: Clip in hair extensions is easy to clip in...
- Fast Shipping: You can choose Next day, Second day, Expedited, and...
These clip-in extensions come in voluminous, kinky curls that make them versatile in styling and use. You can choose to knot, twist, or even flat iron them out, smooth and straight. This is ideal for anyone who likes rocking natural hair.
These clip-ins are made of 100% Remy human hair that's smooth, frizz-free, and that comes in 7 different great lengths. This full Remy human hair is noticeably super healthy, soft and silky all the way from its roots to its ends.
The ABH 8A 100 Remy clip-in extensions also come in beautiful curl patterns that are most ideal for curly hair types; 3C and 4A. The kinky screw curls come with plenty of volume and are relatively tighter compared to the ABH Jerry curly texture but also noticeably looser than the Afro curly texture.
As a versatile set of hair, it's the perfect match for you since it can be washed, conditioned, colored, flat ironed, cut, twisted out, Bantu knotted, and so much more- just like you would with your real hair. Furthermore, you don't have to be a celebrity hairstylist to nail this since it also comes in a super easy clip-in method where you just clip in the extensions.
As you're adding on length and volume, it also helps create a protective hairstyle that's available in 6 shades, with 7 wefted hair sets. On the downside, 6 is definitely not plenty enough of shades for such gorgeous curls.
2. Vivia Bella Hair Extensions - Best For 3B/3C Hair
- 【Human Hair】100% remy human hair extensions,Can be...
- 【High Quality】no-tangle, minimal-shedding, product life:6 to12...
- 【Gorgeous Curls】3B/3C Jerry Curly Clip in Hair extensions,looser...
- 【Double Weft】quality lace sewed double hair weft, breathable and...
- 【Return Policy】 7 day easy return; 30 days returnable for not been...
The Vivia Bella clip-in Jerry curly Remy virgin human hair is classic hair extensions that are specifically made to suit 3B/3C types of hair. It's made using 100% high-quality Remy human hair to give you that natural look. These clip-in hair extensions come extra thick to offer you that glossy look.
The pack consists of tangle-free double wefts that are sewn to A-grade quality clips for secure and comfortable wear. These clip-ins are made using premium materials to offer a tight grip without damaging your real hair. These extensions can be washed, dyed, bleached, flat ironed, curled, straightened, blow-dried, or even permed to give you a chance to work up a unique style every day that you can flaunt.
As genuine Remy clip-in hair extensions, you won't have to deal with tangling, or shedding, depending on the proper care and usage. These gorgeous 3B/3C Jerry curls are double weft quality clip-in hair extensions, meaning that the lace is sewed in a double wefted hair system that's more breathable and comfortable. Unlike other extensions and wigs, it also uses a 9 tooth-South Korean drop-clip that helps prevent it from falling and is a perfect match in a similar color to your natural hair, making it completely invisible!
Pro tip: Only the clip-in Jerry 1B color can be bleached up to no. 27 color; the others can only be dyed to a darker color.
3. Vario Clip-In Hair Extensions -Most Affordable
- ❤❤ If your package is lost, damaged, used, empty, unsatisfactory...
- 【VARIO HAIR instructions】-- 100% real remy human hair, can be...
- 【Clip in Hair Extensions Specification】-- Color:#2 Dark Brown,7pcs...
- 【Comfortable & Secure to Wear】-- Clips are sewed stably, covered...
- 【Enjoy free and fast shipping】-- Amazon prime shipping, stock on...
Generally, the best high-quality extensions in any category, clip-ins included, can be a little pricey. But these particular clip-ins have all the great qualities that come with pricier options-in terms of high-quality human hair that is double wefted, with a great lifespan- but for a great price.
It comes with 16 shades you can choose from, which cover a decent array of colors that come in 5 different lengths. What is even better is the fact that it comes with 17 clips per pack for a great value. Ultimately, this Remy hair clip-in extension gives a gorgeous natural look on a budget.
4. Foxy Locks Silk Seamless Volumizer- Best for Thin Hair
- Foxy Locks are 100% human Remy hair. They are tangle free, silky soft...
- Silk seamless wefts that have been thoroughly thought out to be...
- The ends are very natural looking and have the fullness needed to make...
- Specially designed clips that have a silicone strip that grabs onto...
- Available in 12 / 16 / 22 / 26 Inches - 20+ Different Shades
You don't really need to be a celebrity stylist or have great genes to achieve that long hair voluminous look. This clip-in extension is one subtle way to pull a quick hair transformation and is also ideal if you’re not so much concerned about having longer hair since you can always get a set that’s in the same length as your own hair.
The pack also comes with 2 extra clips just to be on the safe side. They’re also the most lightweight clip-ins that are also the easiest to install, especially with the four 9-inch wide clips. The clips are also pretty narrow, which is very useful, especially with naturally thin hair.
5. GOO GOO Clip-in Hair Extensions-Best Hair Extension Brand
- 【Real Human Hair Extensions】GOO GOO clip-in hair extensions are...
- 【Matches Your Hair Colour to Blend In or Stand Out】These clip-in...
- 【Easy & Comfortable to Wear】Remy clip-in human hair extensions are...
- 【Hassle-free Delivery Service】Enjoy 2-day arrival times for...
- 【Excellent Service & Support】Feel free to reach out to us if you...
When it comes to faking longer locks, the Googoo Clip-in Extensions is the chosen top pick. These extensions blend in so well with your hair, it’s hard to differentiate between the two! Also, it’s designed with Remy human hair, which is the premium grade of real hair available. In this case, you really won’t be able to differentiate between your hair and the extensions. The quality is just too high to challenge!
These extensions are created to withstand heat, meaning you don’t have to abandon your daily straightening or curling. That’s a major thing to look out for if you enjoy styling your hair. Also, you won’t ever need to worry about potential damage to your own tresses! If you’re concerned about putting them in, there are in-depth instructions that are included when you purchase. And believe me, once you try out extensions, you’ll never want to stop! It’s a lot of fun.
6. Moresoo Remy Human Hair Tape in Extensions- Best Tape-ins
- 【Hair Material】Moresoo hair extensions are made of 100% real human...
- 【Specification】Moresoo tape in hair extensions are 10-24 inch, 20...
- 【Advantage】Moresoo tapes are made of American white tape, so they...
- 【About Caring】Please use mild shampoo to wash your hair and let...
- 【About Color Difference】All the pictures are taken by ourselves...
The second one I need to mention as a top pick in the best hair extension brands is Moresoo. This extensions brand is also renowned for its Remy human hair, making the extensions as authentic as possible. However, this particular set of extensions is tape-in ones. There’s no right or wrong way to go. Tape-in extensions are just slightly more permanent than clip-ins. They usually remain in the hair for a longer period than clip-in ones.
The Moresoo brand has various colors, styles and lengths to choose from. This is really great if you want to experiment and have some fun with a whole range of hairstyles. You can use heat on these extensions, too, and dye them different colors. As someone who likes to change my style often, this is a definite plus. Especially as my natural hair will have reduced damage!
7. Amygirl 5 Piece 16" Remy Clip in Hair Extensions Human Hair
- ❤SWEET TIP❤ Thickness of hair extension depends on weight. Just to...
- ❤STYLING FREEDOM❤ You can curled and straighten to restyled your...
- ❤HUMAN HAIR EXTENSIONS❤ Made with 100% Remy human hair, it is the...
- ❤PREMIUM CLIPS❤ Use high quality metal clips with silicon and well...
- ❤BEST SERVICE❤ If you have anything need help about Amygirl human...
I mentioned two of my top picks of brands that do clip-in and tape-in extensions. Now I’m only going to focus on clip-ins. Clip-in extensions are amazing if you’re only looking for a temporary change of style. In other words, like a night out or a day function. They are loved for their ease of placement and wear. Perfect for any woman wanting a makeover for an event!
The best clip-in hair extensions out there are definitely the Amygirl hair extensions. The clips used are high-quality metal with silicon. They are tailored to suit every woman in a way that causes no pain when inserting or removing them. Unfortunately, some clip-in extensions are known to damage your natural hair when you put them in and take them out. So it’s always something to be weary of.
The Amygirl extensions are often raved about for their soft, silky feel. Now, if you’re going to buy hair that isn’t your own, you’ll certainly want a glossy finish. The last thing anyone needs is coarse hair that’s easily spotted. The Amygirl ones fade seamlessly into the hair. They can also last pretty long when looked after properly.
8. SEGO 20 Inch Tape-in Hair Extensions Human Hair
- ▶100% Real Remy Human Hair◀ Human hair tape in extensions.Soft and...
- ▶Replaceable Tape◀ Rooted tape on hair extensions with...
- ▶Blend Well, Invisible◀ Glue in hair extensions are completely...
- ▶Hair care suggestion◀ Recommend deep conditioning once a week...
- ▶Christmas Gifts◀Best gifts to girls,wife,women.Create new hair...
On the other hand, there are tape-in extensions that are recommended if you want something semi-permanent. Unlike clip-ins, these can be worn for days, slept in and treated more like your “natural” hair.
The tape-in extensions that are hands down the best are the SEGO Seamless Skin Weft ones. The tape used is hypoallergenic, something that should always be considered! The tape is also reusable, a bonus for keeping the extensions for a longer period. SEGO uses the method of layering, imitating the growth of a woman’s hair. The ends of the extensions are thinned out for the best flow into your hair, making it seamless.
It’s advised that you shouldn’t sleep with the extensions wet, as this will leave the hair frizzy. It’s also great to know that you can do up styles without worrying about the tape being exposed. The extensions are inserted in such a way as to make them look as natural as possible. If you wanted to feel like you really had long, thick hair, this is your answer! Nothing will feel more natural.
9. Sunny Tape-in Extensions 20 inch
Hair extensions are used to provide length and fullness, and thickness. But, unfortunately, some women are just born with thinner locks. And regardless of the amount of hair growth remedies they try, nothing ever works. But in actual fact, it’s not the end of the world. As much as we women like to think a good hair day is the be-all and end-all, there are ways to work around the problem.
If you do have very fine hair, it may be a good idea to go for something only slightly thicker. Instead of jumping into ahead of bushy strands, going for something in the middle is key. It will look more authentic while still giving you what you want.
If this is the case for you, tape-in extensions are your best bet. These are lighter on the hair, they’re more seamless, and they are less damaging. Plus, they’re more permanent than clip-ins. If you go for tape-in hair extensions, you’ll easily be able to customize them to your liking. Isn’t that what every woman wants to hear?!
Hair extensions with a weight of 50 grams are a good way to go if you have thin hair. These Sunny Tape-in Extensions are 50 grams, meaning that they won’t be heavy or pull on your fine hair. This is one of the most important features to look out for. You can also go for a shorter length if you’re worried about straining your hair. The Sunny extensions come in a range of lengths that you can choose from to suit your preference. In addition, they’re created to ensure that your hair blends well with the extensions. So, even if your hair is very fine, you’ll be able to pull them off without a hitch!
10. Silky Remy Real Hair Clip in Hair Extensions
- 【Ubetta Clip in Hair Extensions Material】-- 100% Real remy human...
- 【Hair Extensions Specification】-- Clip in real extensions is well...
- 【How to choose the Volume and Color】-- Usually you can choose...
- 【Comfortable & Secure to Wear】-- Clips are sewed stably, covered...
- 【Delivery and Kindly Remind】-- In USA. Stock. Amazon prime...
Hair extensions, like most things, can be found in various price ranges. You can discover brands that are premium quality and deliver what they say. On the other hand, you can also find many lower-priced brands but deliver the same quality as more expensive ones. The research for that might take you a while, though, which is why I’m here!
These Silky Remy Real Hair extensions are brilliant for clip-in extensions on a budget. I'd absolutely recommend these if you’re looking for good quality that won’t break the bank. The clips are designed especially well to blend in with natural hair. This means that you can tie your hair up, as well as leave it loose. It’s always great to have that choice.
11. YILITE Tape-in Hair Extensions
- 【Salon Quality Hair Extensions】Seamless straight tape in hair...
- 【Sticky Blue Tape】Specially developed high-strength invisible...
- 【About Color Difference Hair Extensions】Slight color difference is...
- 【Fast Delivery Time】Amazon prime shipping, stock on USA,tape in...
- 【Excellent Customer Service】30 days no reason return,if the...
If you want tape-in extensions on a budget, too, these from Yilite Hair are worth your try. You get silky, smooth tresses with gorgeous, rich color for a very affordable price. So for those ladies who want a salon-worthy hairstyle but one that won’t hurt your purse, here’s your answer. Perfect for when you need a makeover and want something more permanent than the clip-in alternative. The Yilite extensions will give you the length, volume and shine that your dreams are made of!
12. Moresoo Weft Hair Extensions Human Hair Sew- Best Hair Extension on Amazon
- 1.Material: 100% Remy Human Hair.Moresoo Human Hair Weft is made of...
- 2.Color: A variety of colors, sizes and textures are available to meet...
- 3.Double Weft Moresoo Sew in Weft Hair Extensions Brown has always...
- 4.Service:Our company is aimed to pursuit to provide the high quality...
- 5.Tips:Pictures are taken by ourselves, the color will be due to light...
Like the budget hair extensions, Amazon has a variety of extremely versatile hair extensions to choose from. However, even though the variety is quite amazing, I need to share the best hair extensions on Amazon in my eyes. They are by the brand Moresoo, which I spoke about at the beginning of the article. These are the Straight Hair Extensions, and the quality is continuously raved about.
Moresoo is clearly a brand that knows what they are doing and is primarily the reason for my choice. This particular set of extensions is straight and has clip-ins. Straight extensions are so versatile because you can easily curl them to create a different look. Together with this, the choice of a sleek, straight look will give you the best of both worlds.
The reason clip-ins are the go-to for the best extensions is because of their adaptability. You can put them in for any event or function without feeling like you’re permanently stuck with them. It’s great if you enjoy changing up your style often and don’t want to be tied to a certain look. These voluminous, long extensions are gorgeous and come in various colors. This is certainly the way I’d go!
How Much are Hair Extensions?
I’ve shared a combination of more expensive extensions and ones that are better for your budget. You really can find any hair extensions in your price range if you follow this guide. The beauty industry is one of the most expensive globally – understandably so when looking at the price of some beauty items. However, this isn’t to say you cannot enjoy hair extensions if you can’t pay hundreds of dollars for them. There are extensions on every level of the price scale; you just need to know where to look and what to look for!
If you’re looking for a change in your style, one of the most effective ways is with your hair. Every woman wants beautiful locks, whether she admits it or not. And today, anyone can have the hair they’ve always dreamed of.
So, don’t be afraid to take a risk and invest in some quality hair extensions. Life doesn’t have to be boring. Especially when there’s different hair colors, lengths and styles that you have yet to try! Take a leap. You know what they say: a woman who changes her hair is about to change her life!
How To Choose The Highest Quality Human Hair?
A) Is It The Best Hair Texture For You?
The density is important to consider to find the best hair texture. The best way to find out your hair’s density is to take a small portion of your front section and pull it to one side. If you can see sections of your scalp through your hair, then you have thin hair. To complement or make your hair seem thicker., consider Remy hair extensions such as Brazilian human hair or something with a curly wave.
B) Is It The Right Color?
The perfect match in color means that your hair extensions will blend seamlessly with your own hair and seem very natural. The best way to determine this color is by using a color matching service that you can do during the day since daylight reveals all the shades.
Some extensions are dual-blended or tri-blended if you don't have one-dimensional hair, and some even have bright colors. Choose your color, considering your hair color and texture.
C) What's The Best Length and What's The Occasion?
A lot of hairstyles are tailored to suit different occasions, such as weddings and dinner parties. Going for a versatile brand in use and styling is always a plus since you can change it however you like to suit your need. While deciding on what hair length, consider that clip-in hair extensions usually work best if your hair is at least 10 cm long.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Human Hair Extensions
1. Do clip-in hair extensions damage your hair?
No. If you wear and maintain it correctly, extensions are okay. However, if you leave them on for too long, then you might cause your hair to fall out. Humans shed close to 100 hair strands per day, so the amount of your natural hair naturally thins over time.
As the natural hair becomes thin, the bond from the clip-ins, for instance, becomes relatively heavy with more volume, making it easier to pluck out. This is largely why a lot of women end up having those bald spots. So as a best practice, you're much better off getting your clip-in hair extensions re-done every 2-8 weeks.
2. How to maintain my sew-ins at home?
Generally, all kinds of extensions are cared for the same way you would care for your own hair:
- Wash it as gently
- Avoid tugging at the root
- Keep hot tools away from the bonding part of the extensions and more toward the shaft of the hair with more volume.