Do you need to punch extra holes on your belt, dog collar, wristband, watch bands, some shoes, and more? The best leather hole punch will help you make a precise hole that won't leave your leather material running or closing down as soon as you finish cutting.
- What Is a Leather Hole Punch?
- What is the best leather hole punch?
- 1. XOOL Leather Hole Punch Set
- 2. Pro-Master Smart & Simple Leather Punch
- 3. General Tools Hole Punch Tool for Leather
- 4. Diyife Leather Hole Puncher
- 5. WoneNice Belt Hole Puncher for Leather
- Advantages of Using a Leather Punch
- Factors to Consider Before You Buy Leather Hole Punches
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Leather Hole Punch
What Is a Leather Hole Punch?
It is a manual device you can use to punch holes on any leather surface. The leather hole punch features a cylindrical steel tip with a sharp, knife-like edge that easily cuts into the leather to leave a clean hole. While you can also punch holes on leather using a knife, nail, or other sharp objects, using punches is the only way to guarantee a durable hole that is uniform with other holes.
You can get two types of leather punches: a rotary punch or a simple metal tool you can strike with a hammer. Rotary punches are better and designed on a tool resembling pliers that also features a punch plate beneath the rotary turret.
Now that you know what a leather punch is and the two types you can choose from, we will share the five best rotary leather hole punches you can buy today. In addition, we will also discuss which factors to consider before buying your leather punch and how to punch professional holes on any leather material.
What is the best leather hole punch?
1. XOOL Leather Hole Punch Set
- 【Multi-function】 Ideal for use on a variety of surfaces. It is an...
- 【High Quality and Safety】 The durable punch plier is made of...
- 【Ergonomics Design】 The professional punch plier adopts double...
- 【Convenient Storage】 In the bottom of punch plier, there is a...
- 【Excellent Product Performance】 The unique design of punch plier...
This XOOL toolset is your best leather hole punch for a variety of reasons. Firstly, it is a revolving hole punch designed for punching holes on leather surfaces like belts, straps, watch bands, dog collars, saddles, and more.
Secondly, it can punch different-sized holes, thus ideal for all your leather creations. It can punch 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, and 4.5mm holes for the most professional looks. In addition, the leather punch is also made with high-quality steel that is also treated to prevent oxidation.
The rotary punch plier also comes in an ergonomic design with comfort grips and a larger punch plate. The punch requires less squeezing with the double lever design, making it ideal for you even if you have arthritis or other wrist conditions. This affordable set comes with a professional punch, a backup brass pad, a screwdriver, and a grinding rod.
2. Pro-Master Smart & Simple Leather Punch
- 🥇 😃 BRING BACK TO LIFE YOUR FAVORITE BELT: Have fun adjusting...
- 🌞 LIGHT UP THE WORLD WITH YOUR TALENT AND SKILLS: Multiple uses. 6...
- ✅ 👑 GET RIGHT FIT AND COMFORT by adding extra holes to adjust...
- 💪 ⏱ BEING SLOWED DOWN, FRUSTRATED AND STRESSED when needing to...
- 🤝 ✍ 💲 BEST BONUSES: 90 day no questions asked money back...
The Pro-Master Smart & Simple leather punch is designed for making holes sizes of 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, and 4.5mm on any leather piece. With the six-hole sizes, you can use the punch for any leather hobby or professional project, and you are guaranteed great results since the tool tightly locks in any position.
In addition to making holes on leather, you can also use this tool to punch holes on other surfaces like cardboard, rubber, canvas, polyurethane, and silk because it comes with a large punch plate. The tool also comes with a double-lever design that makes it easier to punch the holes.
In terms of design, it is a rotary punch that comes with comfortable grip handles for all hand sizes plus extra safety when working. It is also constructed using manganese steel and coated with black paint to prevent oxidation.
The company promises the best customer service resources, with a 90-day moneyback guarantee and 100% satisfaction. The set comes with a leather punch, three large punch plates, a screwdriver, a ruler, and an e-book manual.
3. General Tools Hole Punch Tool for Leather
- HEAVY DUTY HOLE PUNCH: A leather punch is designed for making holes in...
- BELT HOLE PUNCHER: Our versatile plier-like gadget can also be used...
- FABRIC HOLE CUTTER: Make little punches with a single-style force to...
- DIFFERENT SIZE HOLE PUNCHER: Learn the art of crafting with our...
- GENERAL TOOLS: We're a recognized leader in designing and developing...
If you love leatherwork, you need a reliable tool to make new or extra holes often. The General Tools rotary punch is one of the best leather punches you can find at such an affordable price. It is made with premium stainless steel and coated with paint to prevent oxidation.
Additionally, this is one of the hole punches designed specifically for leather surfaces, but it also can punch precise holes into canvas, cardboard, and other similar materials. It has sharp edges and six different punch sizes that make clean holes.
It is ergonomically designed for use with one hand, and it also features rubber handles for extra grip and safety, especially when you have to make many holes. In addition, it is self-opening and easier to clean when the punches are full. However, unlike other revolving hole punches on this list, this one does not have extra accessories.
4. Diyife Leather Hole Puncher
- Multi-function - The punch plier has 6 different sized holes: 2mm,...
- Ergonomics & Comfortable Design - The professional punch plier adopts...
- High Quality and Safety - The durable punch pliers is made of plated...
- Perfect Full Set - The punch plier includes leather hole punch, 2 free...
- Buy With Total Confidence - We use all our own products so we know...
The Diyife punch plier is another tool you can use on leather, canvas, cardboard, rubber, and similar surfaces. It comes with strong punches of different sizes, so it can create precise holes on the surface you work on.
It also comes with a double-lever mechanism, so you don't have to squeeze hard to make holes, and you can also use it with one hand. In addition, the tool is made with plated, hardened steel which is also coated to prevent oxidation, making it a durable option.
The punch comes with durable, anti-slip handles that make it safe for punching holes for extended periods, and it also features a bottom ring for storing it easily when you are done working. The affordable set comes with the punch, a ruler, an extra punch plate, and a screwdriver.
5. WoneNice Belt Hole Puncher for Leather
- High quality metal body with black coating to avoid oxidation.
- Comfortable grip pvc handles designed with non slip gentle cushioning,...
- Precise and sharp: 6 different round hole sizes: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm,...
- Ergonomically designed for the human hand. much less hand strength...
- For different materials: leather, belts, Saddle, Tack, Watch Strap,...
This rotary punch for leather is another option you can choose. It is one of the best heavy-duty punches, made with durable stainless steel and coated with black paint to prevent oxidation. In addition, it also can punch holes of different sizes, from 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, and 4.5mm.
In addition to the punch sizes, the tool is ergonomically designed with comfortable PVC grip handles and a double lever design, so you won't need to squeeze hard to punch a hole. The punch is ideal for all types of leather, plus other materials such as felt, plastic, canvas, cardboard, and more.
This tool comes with a bottom ring to store it safely after use and comes with a screwdriver and an extra brass plate. It is also affordably priced.
Advantages of Using a Leather Punch
Are you wondering why you can't pierce holes into your leather using any sharp object? Well, here are a few advantages of using a leather punch for your leatherwork.
- You can make uniform holes. The main benefit of a leather pouch is making precise and uniform holes on the surface you are working on. Compared to using a knife, nail, or drill, the hole you punch will not run or shrink once you remove the tool.
- They are easier to use. When using rotary punches, you will not need to strike or hit a tool to make the hole; you will only need to press the handles lightly to make more holes.
- You can use a punch longer without fatigue. If you have a project that needs completing fast, a leather punch will help you make more holes without arm fatigue. In addition, you will not make noise, so you can work through the night if need be.
- They are durable. Leather hole punches are designed with hardened steel that can last up to 30 years of continued use. In addition, most tools will be coated with black paint to prevent oxidation which could compromise the steel quality. Also, most rotary leather punches come with extra accessories for replacement, such as brass plates and a screwdriver.
- They work on different leather surfaces. A punch is ideal for a leather belt, a dog collar, a wristband, and more. The only consideration you will make is the size of the holes you need and how they are aligned.
Factors to Consider Before You Buy Leather Hole Punches
It s no good using any tool other than a leather punch to make holes on a leather belt or any other leather surface that needs clear-cut holes. A leather punch makes the holes and removes the cut, leather surface, and you will not notice the difference between the new holes and the old holes.
In addition, it will help you design your leather DIY craft projects knowing you can make any size of holes, plus the patterns you can work with. Here are the factors you can consider before getting the best leather punch.
a) Ease of Use
When considering which best hole punch to get, ease of use relates to how much force you need to apply when punching holes and if the punches align with the punch plates.
When buying, you will notice the best leather hole punches come with a double lever mechanism. It makes it easier to squeeze the handles when punching leather holes. The double-lever mechanism is a feature you need for your punch if you intend to use it for many years.
Then, you will also find these leather tools come with different-sized punches. While even the worst quality leather punches have different punches on a revolving head, you will need to pay attention to where the punch lands on the brass or plastic plate. It needs to land on the plate to preserve sharpness and guarantee clean holes.
It would help to get handles that are easy to grip so you can work for long periods. When buying, look for handles that come with anti-slip grips, preferably made with rubber, as these can provide good grip even if you sweat.
c) The shape of holes you need
Leather punches can come in any of two shapes; either round or oval. You need to consider this design feature if you need the tool to add more holes to your existing leather items. For instance, if your leather belt has round holes, you will need a punch with round cutting edges.
It is also a good consideration when buying a tool for your project where you need either round or oval holes.
d) The best punch sizes
When looking for a rotary hole punch, consider what hole sizes you need to make on your leather surfaces. Most tools come with six different-sized punches. If you want to make extra holes on a belt, you need a punch that will make the same hole sizes, while you can pick any punch size for your new DIY projects.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Leather Hole Punch
a) Is it durable?
Yes, the leather hole punches are made with durable materials such as hardened steel with anti-slip grip handles. The punches can last up to 30 years with good care.
b) How do I use the best leather hole punches?
You can make extra holes on leather as follows;
- Mark where you need the holes to go.
- Pick the right punch size and rotate it into place.
- Insert the leather material between the punch and the plate, making sure to align the marked spot perfectly.
- Squeeze the handles with your hand to make a hole.
- Continue until you make all the required holes.