When you're suffering from back pain, it can seem like there's no position that's quite right, whether you're trying to sleep or sit. Hence, it's important to find the right seat to help alleviate your pain, especially when you already know what kind of back pain you're suffering from.
The best recliner for back pain can be useful in helping ease your back pain. Some of these chairs offer features such as massaging options that help increase the circulation of your blood. At the same time, others ensure that to provide the needed lumbar support, which aids in minimizing your back pain.
If dealing with acute or chronic pain, there are various benefits your can gain from selecting the right recliner. We outlined the 5 best recliners for back pain and factors to consider when buying them.
Best Recliners For Back Pain
1. Esright Massage Recliner Chair
- 【5 Relaxing Function】Relax in this wonderful recliner chair with...
- 【Thick Padded, Double Comfort】Soft and sturdy composite material...
- 【Elegant and Friendly Design】2 cup holders and extra storage bags...
- 【Manual Control Massage Recliner】This upholstered recliner has...
- 【Easy Assembly and Good Customer Service】You will get 1 chair in 2...
The Massaging recliner is made of breathable polyurethane leather that is water-resistant and easy to clean. With the massage chair, you can be sure your body will be at ease. It features 5 relaxing functions: vibrating, reclining, heating, 360° swivel and rocking. The massage recliner chair is equipped with 8 vibrating nodes and 5 massaging nodes, and 2 intensity levels.
The manual recliner features two cup holders and four storage bags, allowing you to store drinks and magazines while relaxing. The recliner is manually controlled, but it does come with a remote control and power cord for the massage feature.
2. Irene House Power Lift Chair
- This recliner is powered by German Brand Okin motor,It serves two...
- Supports up to 300 lbs,push the entire chair up to help seniors to...
- Extending footrest and reclining feature allows you to fully...
- Side pocket design create a very convenient place for you to put...
- Product Warranty: From the date of purchasing, we have following...
If looking for the best recliner chair for lumbar support, then this would be a perfect choice. The power lift chair is designed ergonomically to reduce stress and strain, thus relieving back pain.
The chair is made of soft, thick and solid fabric upholstered to provide unmatched levels of comfort and aesthetics.
The recliner is driven by German Brand Okin motor. This is an electric and dual motor that serves two purposes. Firstly, it offers a power lift function best suited for elderly individuals who have difficulty standing from a sitting position. It also operates as a reclining sofa chair that gently reclines with a simple push of a button.
Both motors run independently, smoothly, and are environmentally friendly with no noise.
The chair features a footrest and backrest that's adjustable. It comes inclusive of a remote that allows you to adjust to your preferred position. The power lift recliner has various positioning angles. You have the choice of reclining the backrest from 105°to 180°and footrest from 90° to 180°. Hence you can comfortably recline to your preferred angle without lifting the seat and raising the footrest.
The recliner seat is made of formaldehyde-free wood boards along with the best quality metal frame. The arms and backrest feature extra padding from a high-density sponge. This allows them not to wear out quickly.
The power lift recliner features a wide backrest and can support a maximum weight of up to 300lbs. The purchase includes a lumbar pillow which gives more support to your waist. The recliner has rear wheels hence making it portable. The side pockets are super convenient, allowing you to store the remote or magazines.
3. CANMOV Breathable Recliner Chair
- ✿Overall Dimensions: Kindly please confirm the size before buying....
- ✿Breathable Leather Recliner: As the use of high-quality faux...
- ✿Humanization Design: Recliner with two overstuffed pillows on the...
- ✿Easy to Operate: Pulls out the lever on the arm of the recliner to...
- ✿Buy with Confidence: CANMOV provide free exchange for qulity...
The manual recliner is a great choice for back pain sufferers. Not only is it one of the most comfortable chairs, but it boasts various features geared at helping relieve your back pain.
The recliner is made of breathable PU leather with high-density memory foam and a laminated veneer lumber (LVL) system that provides maximum comfort and stability. It's adjustable from 90 to 140 degrees.
The recliner features a footrest that can easily be retracted when in a reclined position. You simply have to sit forward with your body, lean forward and use your heels to press against the middle of the footrest.
4. Comhoma Leather Recliner
- Relax in this wonderful chair with reclining, rocking, massage, heated...
- The stunning armchair with drink holders has been developed to the...
- Massage,This recliner chair with an 8-point massage system and 4 modes...
- Comfortably padded, gives comfort and support where it's needed the...
- High quality push back recliner mechanism, place your hands on the arm...
This leather recliner best for those seeking the best of both worlds: Back pain relief and comfort.
The recliner is ergonomically designed and allows you to recline backwards while placing your back and feet at a balance. You can experience rocking, heating, massaging and 360-degree swivelling features. The massage function offered is an 8-point massage system plus 4 modes of vibration, leaving you feeling incredibly comfortable and relaxed.
The swivel recliner features drink holders and side pockets big enough to hold a magazine and your TV controller. It's incredibly spacious, with a width of 35.8 and a height of 40.94. Hence making it suitable for tall individuals. The recliner supports a maximum weight capacity of 300lbs.
A high-quality push mechanism powers the reclining chair. This means you can recline with the help of your body weight by putting your hands on the armrest and pushing forward. The ergonomic chair provides full lumbar support with a soft padded backrest.
5. Homall Single Recliner Chair
- Material: High quality pu leather, comfortable skin friendly and...
- Adjustable Recliner: This recliner can be used as three kinds of shape...
- Upgraded Footrest: Highly durable steel frame with thicker foam...
- Maximum Capacity: 265 lbs; Seat height: 17.7 inch; Seat...
- Foot protection: This single recliner is supported by four sturdy feet...
If searching for a recliner that is likely to provide instant back pain relief, this is the best recliner for back pain. The Homall Recliner boasts various features and is made of high-quality PU leather.
The recliner provides heating and vibration options for the back support. This ensures you're relieved of pain, and there's an improvement of the back posture and muscle resilience.
The plush seat features thick padding allowing for extra comfort. It is equipped with wide armrests and an adjustable footrest. The chair is built to last; hence you can be sure it will provide back support for years to come.
Factors To Consider When Looking For Best Recliner For Back Pain
a) Your Specific Need
This is a key consideration when searching for the best recliner for back pain. You can either suffer from acute or chronic back pain. When searching for the recliner chair, the first thing you need to know is the type of back pain you're suffering from. If suffering from acute back pain resulting from normal sitting and standing positions, a strenuous regime of exercise, or lifting heavy weights, it's advisable to seek advice from a doctor first before buying a recliner chair.
Chronic back pain, which can result from pregnancy, depression, or a health ailment, can be relieved with the help of the best recliner chair, providing back support.
Recliner chairs come in various sizes. Two factors can be considered when deciding on the size of the recliner: The size of the room and your body frame.
- Size of The Room: Before buying a recliner chair, you'll want to ensure that the room you'll want to place it in is adequate. The space should be big enough to fit the chair such that it allows you to enjoy any extra features the recliner chair may have.
- Body Frame: It's essential to consider your body frame when searching for the best recliner for back pain. Ideally, it would be best to buy a recliner according to your body size. However, this is dependent on whether you live with other people. If that's the case, then you'd be better off buying a recliner chair that can work for everyone in the family. Some recliners chairs can work for both adults and children.
c) Type of Material
Recliner chairs are designed with different materials.
- Leather: Recliner chairs made of leather tend to be durable. They are easier to clean, and this material is best for recliners with a heating option as leather heats faster than other materials. The downside with leather upholstery is that it's expensive; hence, these recliners can often be quite pricey.
- Fabric Material: This type of material is highly preferred as its affordable and easy to wash.
- Vinyl Material: Vinyl tends to be affordable and durable. However, with regular usage, it starts peeling off.
d) Features of The Recliner
These are some essential features to look out for when considering the best recliner for back pain:
- A recliner with lumbar support: This makes sure that your back is relieved comfortably. The body weight is proportionately divided to reduce stress in the back.
- A massage recliner: This ensures that your back is relieved from pain by exerting pressure at the right place.
- A recliner with heat therapy: This type of chair can help increase blood circulation while also getting rid of the soreness of your joints.
- There's also the option of a reclining chair. These types of chairs are great as they offer different angles for the chair to be reclined.
When searching for a perfect recliner chair, it's essential to consider the maximum weight capacity it can hold. Though you may be buying a recliner chair for relieving back pain, you may want to rest other parts of your body and muscles. Hence, it's important to take into account the weight capacity the chair can hold.
It's always safe to consider a product that comes with a warranty. This is if any damages are arising with the recliner chair; the warranty conditions will help you save money and help solve the problem. Different brands offer their own versions of warranty schemes.
- Full Warranty: Some brands offer full warranties, which means that if any parts of the recliner chair stop working within the warranty period, the company will replace the faulty parts. The warranty will often be 6 months to a year.
- Money-Back Warranty: Few brands offer this option which means that when you buy the chair and realize that it doesn't fit your needs, you can return it and claim your money back. The type of warranty has an expiry period which usually varies within 7 days to 30 days depending on the brand.
- Limited Warranty: This type of warranty states that the brand guarantees certain parts of the recliner, and if the parts are damaged, the company will replace them. As for the other parts (the ones not covered), if they get damaged, the customer has to replace them.
The Benefits Of Using Recliners For Alleviating Back Pain
There are several benefits of using recliners to ease acute and chronic back pain. The best recliners for back pain will offer many health benefits and be a comfortable option for entertainment (e.g. a better option compared to your couch when watching TV). The following are key benefits you can get when using the best recliners to alleviate and minimize back pain and provide lumbar support:
- Their ergonomic design can aid in reducing or preventing pain while offering support and comfort.
- They can provide extreme relaxation
- Recliners can aid in reducing muscle tension and stiffness
- They can help ease back and neck pain and headache caused by the distortion of the neck
- The chairs can be adjusted to suit your personal needs, thus elevating your comfort
- Those with massage functions aid in alleviating back pain and body aches by enhancing blood circulation
- Recliners can be used by pregnant women suffering from back pain.