One look at things shows you that scooting is slowly becoming a popular transportation mode among teenagers. As they see their friends having fun on their scooters, you'll definitely need to get them one of their own as well. After all, the best scooters for teenagers are super affordable too.
The best scooter choice will very much depend on what they want to use it for. For example, if they're a little more adventurous and would want to use the scooter to do stunts and jumps at a skate park, then you must get the best stunt scooters for teenagers that are designed to withstand that kind of impact.
On the other hand, some teens might just want a cool scooter that they can ride from place to place. In this case, you'll need to consider the best traditional kick scooter or best electric scooter if you want to get there faster.
Type of Scooters
Scooters come in the 3 most common types. Here's what you need to know before choosing any of them:
a) Two-wheel Scooters
Riding this kind of scooter isn't as easy, so if your kid already knows how to ride one, then a two-wheel scooter will be a great option. Generally, young kids don't take long to learn how to scoot, even if they start out with the two-wheeled scooter. This type of scooter also comes with handlebars that can easily be adjusted.
b) Three-wheel Scooters
These are generally the best for kids who are starting out and learning how to ride. Not only are they super affordable, but they're also the safest since they have an amazing balance and stability that beginner riders need.
c) Electric Scooters
These are great for both teens and adults since they are primarily designed for long distances, and they also come with a rechargeable battery inside.
What Are the Parts of A Scooter?
These are some common parts of a regular scooter;
- Scooter deck -the board where the feet are placed
- Scooter bars - the long T-shaped bar that's connected to the deck and has handles
- Forks - this part holds the wheel and connects to the bars
- Clamps - they're are like bolts or knots that hold all the parts together
- Wheels - these help in movement and would be either two or three
- Scooter grips - these are like screws that help keep all the other parts together
- Brakes - usually located at the back, just above the rear wheels. Used to bring the scooter to a halt
- Bearings - tiny but significant components used in locomotion and are found very close to its wheels
- Handlebar grips - simply the part where the rider holds onto
What Are the Benefits of A Scooter?
- A good scooter comes in handy in mobility; it can help you to beat traffic easily and arrive on time easily
- Electric scooters are a great option if you don't want to use as much effort
- The best scooter is a great recreational activity for both teens and adults
- It saves on costs as a means of transport
- Means of transport that doesn't run on gas
What is a good scooter for a teenager?
Buy on Amazon
1. Andotrade Kick Scooter
- STURDY MATERIALS: Lightweight Aluminum Frame and Kickboard can hold...
- OVERSIZED WHEEL DESIGN: Hi-speed oversized wheels (200mm), foot rear...
- 3 SECONDS EASY-FOLDING SYSTEM: 8.8 lb lightweight equipment and...
- EASY FOLDING: Our adult kick scooter is easy to fold and carry with...
- GUARANTEE: Buy this item with confidence. If there any issue with it,...
This is the best kick scooter that's great both as an adult scooter and teen scooter. It can easily be folded down in three seconds for portability. This feature makes storage and transportation so much easier. It is height adjustable to suit your height, with an aluminum alloy frame gives it the capacity to support a maximum of 220 pounds in weight.
Thanks to its hand-operated rear mechanical disc brake and rear Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), it has a smooth assertive stop that makes it perfect for use in the city, urban and suburban areas. In addition, its 18-inch long deck gives you ample foot space.
With Angotrade's scooter nonslip surface, you have a firm foot grip that lets you scoot away with so much ease. Additionally, the scooter comes with an adjustable handlebar with soft and comfortable rubber hand grips. Overall, it has features that let you enjoy an incredibly smoother ride compared to other scooters.
- Frame - built with a solid Aluminum alloy frame
- Height adjustment - comes with 3 level height adjustments with an 82-106 cm/32.3-41.7 inch range
- Folding mechanism - has an easy 3-second folding mechanism
- Weight support - supports up to 220 lbs.
- Wheels - big wheels that are 8″ 205mm each with a rear and front shock-absorbing system
- Hand brake
- Dual suspension system
- Adjustable handlebar with soft rubber grips
2. Lascoota Scooter
- MADE BY PARENTS: This kick scooter was designed with teens in mind. It...
- SMOOTH RIDE: Featuring LATTA suspension technology, this scooter...
- SAFETY IS TOP OF MIND - Between the extra-wide, non-slip deck and the...
- FOLDABLE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: This scooter includes a patented push...
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Designed to accommodate most heights, the handlebar...
The Lascoota scooter is well-built, that's made of a durable aluminum and steel frame. Its rubber handles give maximum comfort, while the excellent quality of its brakes enhances the reliability of the scooter. Additionally, it has a dual front suspension system that ensures steadiness for a smooth ride and great performance even on rough pavements.
It comes ready to use, thereby eliminating the hassle of needing to assemble it after purchase. Instead, you can start cruising around on it right out of the box. Besides folding it down to a compact size, it's fitted with a carry strap for easy transportation and storage.
With 4 different heights on the adjustable bar, it can be adjusted to suit your height and grow out with your teenager. Additionally, it's incredibly stylish and comes in 6 unique designs to suit different preferences. Lastly, for additional safety, you can fit in brake lights.
- Aluminum and steel frame
- Fold mechanism
- Age recommended- 8 years+
- Supports up to 220 pounds
- 4 different adjustable heights
- Dual front suspension system
- Heat-treated braking system
- 205mm PU cast height-rebound front and rear wheel.
3. Hudora 230 Adult Scooters Foldable Adjustable Kick Scooter
- Teens and Adult's Gift - Limit weight up to 265 lbs with high density...
- Folding Design and Height Adjustable ( 32.7-41.9 inch) - It's easy to...
- HUDORA Big Wheel Scooter - With size of 230 mm. This adult kick...
- Safe Ride - The rear brake will make sure the kick scooters for adult...
- Certification Authority- Manufactured by the famous brand Hudora from...
The Hudora 230 kick scooter is a high-quality aluminum deck scooter that's coupled with reinforced wings and is adjustable height making it is suitable for adults and young teenagers alike. It's a 2-wheeled scooter with an extruded rear friction brake design that also gives it that gliding feeling as you ride.
The wheels are made out of a lightweight solid aluminum frame that's low and close to the ground, making it so effortless to kick as you ride. In addition, this big wheel scooter is certified to have passed the CE and GS government safety standards. So with this certification and high quality, you can rest assured of its suitability in the city and for school commuting.
- Weight support - maximum weight support is 264.5 pounds
- Made with a high-quality aluminum frame
- PU cast wheels that are 230 mm in diameter front and the rear at 205 mm
- Comes with a 7.7 x 5.5-inch deck
- An adjustable height between 32.7-41.9 inches
- Precision ABEC 5 bearings that outperform the standard ABEC 7
4. Razor E300 Electric Scooter
- With its super-sized deck and frame, the Razor E300 electric scooter...
- Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor...
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up...
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up...
- Larger 9” (229 mm), pneumatic front and rear tires support older...
The beautiful, gray Razor electric scooter E300 is constructed using high-quality materials and the latest technology, which gives it a high rank as one of the best scooters for teenagers. This is the speediest of the Razor electric scooters, with a high speed of about 15 mph. With a 15 miles per hour capacity to travel, it comes with a quiet chain-driven motor.
The Razor E300 is a great electric scooter with a larger deck than most scooters with frames and tires that make it the ideal adult and kids scooter. This Razor scooter helps you ride safely and comfortably at the skate park with a hand-operated rear foot brake.
- A speed level of 15 mph
- Well-sized deck and frame for maximum comfort
- Extra-large 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Battery operated by two rechargeable 12V sealed lead acid battery systems
- Comes with a battery charger
- Electric scooter with high torque
- Chain-driven motor with a twist-grip acceleration control
5. CITYGLIDE C200 Scooter
- The Hottest Adult Kick Scooter -The CityGlide is the best ride yet! It...
- Adult Scooters With Big Wheels - This big wheel scooter glides over...
- Fast Folding Scooter - The CityGlide commuter scooter is ultra light...
- Easy To Assemble Kick Scooter - The CityGlide adult scooter comes...
- After-Sales Service: The CityGlide is designed with adult riders in...
The CITYGLIDE C200 scooter comes with safe stopping power, high-speed wheels to give you a safe, smooth ride. It has easily engaged hand brakes and a large rear brake that gives the rider a safer stopping power. The Fuzion Cityglide scooter is lightweight and comes with high wheel oversized wheels to ensure you a smooth, gliding ride.
Its aluminum frame and quick folding system give you a light scooter that's easily portable and can easily be stored with no hassle. It also has telescoping handlebars to help you adjust the scooter's height to suit the rider's height.
With the low, solid aluminum frame, you get an effortless and stable kick as you ride to school, work, or around town for fun. The Cityglide scooter is also made of high-quality materials so that you can be assured of durability and comfort.
- Has maximum weight support of up to 220 lbs.
- Simple and quick fold mechanism
- Features a high-speed large 200mm PU wheels
- Adjustable handlebars between 29-36 inches
6. Royal Guard II Freestyle Stunt Scooter
- 6061-T6 post heat treated aluminum deck
- 6061-T6 post heat treated aluminum bars - w:520mm H:570mm - new heat...
- High Rebound 88A PU cast wheels with spoked Cores
- Fast and precise chrome steel ABEC 5 bearings (Note: ABEC ratings...
- Comfortable ribbed grips
A fantastic lightweight stunt scooter that lets your kids pull of tricks at the skate park and have so much fun. It has a super smooth ride and is also very easy to assemble. The chrome steel with ABEC 5 bearings gives the scooter such a great speed that it's smooth, fast and precise.
The comfortable ribbed grips offer excellent support, while the 6061-T6 post-heat-treated deck and bars give it double the strength. Moreover, with a durable battery life that charges so easily, you can ride for quite some time without worrying about the battery going low. Overall, the Royal Guard II Freestyle stunt scooter is one of the best quality and durable scooters.
- Features fast and precise chrome steel of ABEC 5 bearings
- Aluminum bars that are 520mm in width and 570mm in height
- Aluminum with a heat treatment deck to give double strength (6061-T6 post-heat-treated)
- High rebound 88A PU cast wheels with spoked cores
7. Albott Pro Stunt Scooters Freestyle Trick Scooter
- 6061-T6 ALUMINUM 3D FORK - Heat-treated Aircraft Grade ALUMINUM fork...
- OVERSIZED CARBON STEEL BAR - (25"H x 25"L) Extra long carbon...
- LENGTHEN HEAVY DUTY DECK - Thicker 6061-T6 aluminum deck can hold up...
- SMOOTH DURABLE WHEELS - 110mm wheels with 88A PU surface and 5 spoke...
- COMPLETE PRO SCOOTER FOR SKATEPARK - Albott holds all their components...
Albott Pro Scooter is a stunt scooter that's made for freestyling tricks and stunts. With the nature of its intended use, it's built with structural integrity that can carry the weight and impact that comes with sharp turns. You can use it conveniently to pull off a double whip on this trick scooter.
Its structure and build make it the ideal scooter for crazy stunts or freestyles. This trick scooter is specially made with beginner to intermediate users in mind.
- Aluminum deck and aluminum bars
- High quality, solid and hard, post-heat treated 6061-T6 aluminum bars and decks that are hard to break for a firm grip
- Heavy-duty T6 aluminum
- 20 x 4.4-inch deck
- Can maximumly support up to 220lbs
- Oversized carbon steel bar that is 25 x 25 inches to give enough room to pull of a freestyle
- Comes 110mm split with an 88A PU surface
- 5 spoke T6 aircraft grade aluminum wheel that enables you to make fast and sharp turns
- Comes in a steel break with TPE grips, that's both easy and comfortable to use
What to Consider for the Best Scooter for Teenagers?
Here is a scooter buying guide:
A) What's the Weight Limit?
Each scooter accommodates a certain weight limit. Always ensure that you know the weight limit of the scooter you intend to buy, mainly if it's meant for older kids.
It must also be weightier than the regular toddler scooter and always look out for the best scooters for teenagers that can accommodate a high weight limit, preferably above 100 pounds. Otherwise, it'll get damaged really fast.
B) What Materials?
Another factor you should highly consider is what material has been used in the construction of the scooter. Generally, the scooter should be sturdy, strong, have a decent weight limit, and be lightweight.
The best scooters for teenagers in the market are made using tough aluminum alloys and steel. This ensures that it's strong enough to take all the beating in the life of an adventurous teenager.
Durability is vital to consider when it comes to choosing the best scooter for teenager stunts. You'd think that if a scooter is heavier, then it would be more durable, but this is not always the case. Additionally, heavyweight can be a problem if it's a stunt scooter and you're performing stunts and jumps.
The purpose for which you need a scooter will often determine whether you'd go for the best electric scooter or not. Generally, it's best to pick an electric scooter if it's exclusively your child's mode of transport. If not, a non-electric scooter will do.
Many riders want something that can quickly move around and safely be tucked away when not in use. Many scooters out can be easily folded up, therefore, making it easy for your child to move them to wherever they'd want. Unlike other scooters that can't be as easily tossed into the trunk or on the back seat, these foldable scooters are much easier to transport.
Safety is a vital factor that should never be overlooked or compromised for any reason. Apart from riders wearing closed-toe shoes, using a helmet, or wearing elbow and knee pads, the scooter also comes with a role.
It should be sturdy, stable, have great quality tires, has an excellent footboard texture, etc. There are factors that you must consider as you buy a safe scooter for your teenager. The best pro scooters come in the right height and lovely build.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Scooter for Teenagers
1. At what age can a 2 wheel kid's scooter be safely used?
One essential factor you always need to consider when choosing between a two-wheeled or three-wheeled scooter is the recommended age. The best 2-wheeled kids scooters have a recommended age of 8+ because, before this age, younger kids didn't have the best balance or coordination skills for this kind of ride.
2. Are two-wheeled scooters better than three-wheeled scooters?
3-wheeled scooters are built to give you far more stability compared to a 2 wheel scooter. So if your kid needs to feel a bit more balanced and stable on the scooter, then the 3 wheel scooter is best for them. On the other hand, kids who are a little more adventurous can go for the 2 scooter wheels for a little more challenge and excitement.
3. Is a lightweight scooter better?
Depending on the scooter deck's weight, lighter decks allow the kid to manipulate the scooter much better, making the technical tricks much easier to pull off. Therefore, the best scooters with light decks are considered much better for the younger or smaller riders. However, consider a delicate balance between a light but solid deck for trick or pro riding.
4. What is the best weight for a pro scooter?
Pro scooters are made using high-quality materials and are generally more durable than kick scooters that most beginners start with. The average weight of a freestyle scooter is between 7 -11 pounds.
5. Are big wheels better for a scooter?
An oversized wheel design is great for a smooth and fast ride in comfort with fewer vibrations but ensures that the scooter is convenient enough to lug around. Smaller wheels are suitable for portability, but they also score relatively lower on speed and comfort with more vibrations.