Study desks are essential for any home with kids, students, and professionals. It's essential for when your children are doing school stuff or when you are working on meaningful projects that require a flat, stable surface. The best small study desk will offer a convenient studying environment. But what many people don't realize is that there is a broad range of study desks available on the market, and it gets a bit overwhelming to find the perfect one for your home.
- What is a good size desk for studying?
- What is a Study Desk?
- Is it Best to Find a Study Desk Online on Amazon?
- 1. Tribesigns Computer Desk with Bookshelf
- 2. CubiCubi Study Computer Desk - Industrial Simple Style Table
- 3. Coavas Simple Industrial-Style Study Desk
- 4. Teraves L-Shaped Modern Corner Desk
- 5. Guidecraft Children's Media Desk and Chair Set
- 6. Tangkula Computer Desk
- 7. FURINNO Econ Home Office Computer Writing Desk
- 8. 4NM Small Desk Computer Desk Study Writing Table
- 9. Prepac Wall Mounted Desk with Storage, Floating
- 10. Executive Office Solutions Portable Laptop Desk
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Small Study Desk
- Why We Recommend a Corner Study Desk
- What is the Best Budget Study Desk?
- What Are the Benefits of Buying a Study Desk?
- Best Kid Study Desk
- Do We Recommend Tangkula Computer Desk?
- Our Best Ideas for a Study Desk for Small Spaces
- Best Ikea Study Desk Alternative
- Best Combination of Study Table and Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Small Study Desk
What is a good size desk for studying?
Buy on Amazon
There are factors to consider on top of your or your child's personal preferences, such as shape, material, color, and size. So before you lose your mind and haphazardly decide what to buy, the first study table you see online or in-store, we put up a list of the best study desks for your home and answer some of your most pressing concerns when it comes to buying study desks. When you are done reading this review, we recommend looking up sleeper chairs or sofas that go along great with desks in furnishing a room.
What is a Study Desk?
A study desk is simply a piece of furniture with a flat top for reading, writing or using a laptop and often several drawers, open shelves, or compartments. Besides, the office desk carries office essentials such as a laptop, mouse, keyboard tray and other office supplies. Moreover, the average seated-height study desk is often accompanied by an adjustable chair and ample storage space.
However, if you're working from home, you can customize the workstation desk to make it more perfect for your work style. It may be tempting not to build a perfect workstation desk. After all, you have a dining table or the bed as an alternative workspace desk, right? that might be an excellent choice for several weeks. However, if you're going to work from home full-time, you will need to invest in a dedicated workstation desk to concentrate on work as you would in an office environment.
Now that we understand what a study desk is let's check out the best small desk options. Keep reading!
Is it Best to Find a Study Desk Online on Amazon?
Shopping for furniture can be challenging, especially when you plan to check multiple brands in the shortest time possible; This is one of the reasons why online shopping has become a default option for most. It's efficient and more convenient for the shoppers because it allows you to survey several brands by simply going through the catalog within the comforts of your home.
Considering these, you can say that Amazon is one if not the best option to find a study desk online because of the variety of options and the ease of use of the website, not to mention the online deals you can enjoy and the shipping costs you can save.
Going through Amazon's catalog is something you should include in your to-do list when you begin your hunt for the best study desk.
1. Tribesigns Computer Desk with Bookshelf
- [DESK & BOOKCASE TWO-IN-ONE]: This Ultra modern and contemporary...
- [SUPER STURDY AND DURABLE]: The desk legs made from heavy-duty metal...
- [ADJUSTABLE LEG PADS DESIGN]: The heavy duty metal legs featurs ABS...
- [COMPACT BUT HUGE ENOUGH SIZE]: Spacous desktop makes it perfect fit...
- [EASY TO ASSEMBLE]: It will took 20 minutes to put together for most...
Product Overview: A desk and a bookcase in one product are what this contemporary study desk provides in your home office. It has a desk that's spacious enough to accommodate your laptop and writing essentials, as well as a built-in open-shelf bookcase that can keep your reference books within reach. This one is perfectly for someone working from home.
Product Variants: This table comes in three sizes — 47, 55, and 63 inches. It is also available in five colors — white, rustic, cherry, dark walnut, and black.
2. CubiCubi Study Computer Desk - Industrial Simple Style Table
- Meet more needs：Storage bag and hook are added based on the basic...
- Sturdy and Durable：Use triangle iron and diagonal scaffold braces to...
- Multiple-choice：32/40/47/55/63 inch available for different purposes...
- Installation Guide：Except for the manual, you can also refer to the...
- Materials：Melamine-faced board, Steel, Non-woven fabric
Product Overview: This industrial-style computer desk from CubiCubi evokes a vintage vibe and instantly gives any room a relaxing atmosphere. Specially designed for multiple functions, this table comes with a big storage box and an iron hook on the other side to conveniently hang your bag or headphones.
Product Variants: This product is available in three colors — black, oak, and rustic brown — and four sizes — 40, 44, 55, and 63 inches.
3. Coavas Simple Industrial-Style Study Desk
- Coavas Folding Desk - SIMPLEST INSTALLATION - 8 seconds to complete !
- Coavas Folding Desk-- FOLDING AND PORTABLE :When not in use can be...
- Coavas Folding Desk-- APPLICABLE ROOM AND FUNCTION :Suitable for...
- Coavas Folding Desk-- MATERIAL:MDF -Waterproof and No deformation,...
- Coavas Folding Desk-- SIZE:100*50*72CM (L*W*H : 40 * 19.7 * 28.3...
Product Overview: Coavas focuses on making American industrial-style furniture to help customers achieve a stylish yet comfortable vibe for their homes. This modern study desk is designed to accommodate the needs of homeowners without much space to spare.
It's lightweight, foldable, and easy to set up. But, more importantly, it's reasonably priced and gets the job done.
4. Teraves L-Shaped Modern Corner Desk
- Modern Desk: This L-shaped corner computer desk flaunts a modern...
- L-Shaped Corner Design: L-shaped desk has enough space for monitors...
- The desk has a sturdy frame design that supports all your office...
- Reversible L-shape designed, easily assemble the tabletop as you like,...
- Dimension：Large Size – 66.1"(L) x 47.2"(D) x 29.7"(H), bearing...
Product Overview: Simple but elegant is how the designers of this Teraves L-Shaped Modern Corner Desk planned to achieve a multifunctional product like this one. The table comes with interchangeable panels that allow you to switch the corners as you wish and depending on the design of your room.
It also features adjustable leg pads made to double as a footrest to ensure comfort.
Product Variants: This corner study desk comes in small and large sizes and is available in 5 colors — black, boak, teak, walnut, and white with a gold frame.
5. Guidecraft Children's Media Desk and Chair Set
- DESK, HUTCH AND CHAIR SET: Beautiful, modern Children’s Media Desk...
- CUBBIES, CORKBOARD AND MORE: Hutch features corkboard panel for...
- DURABLE, WOODEN FURNITURE: Durable construction of solid and...
- FOR ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOL AGES: Measures: 44L x 24W x 40H in.,...
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Comes ready to assemble. All hardware and simple...
Product Overview: This Guidecraft Children's Media Desk and Chair set is every child's dream desk with its fancy-looking design and multiple compartments for school and craft materials. It comes with a complimentary chair that matches the table at the perfect height.
Product Variants: This product is available in four colors — blue, white, gray, and lavender.
6. Tangkula Computer Desk
- Large Storage Capacity with File Drawer: This writing desk has a...
- Considerate Monitor Stand & Cable Hole: This computer desk features an...
- Vintage Style Desk for Multiple Purposes: This desk can be used as a...
- Super Sturdy & Durable Construction: Made of high-quality and...
- Hassle-free Assembly & Low Maintenance: With detailed instructions and...
Product Overview: This Tangkula Computer Desk looks like the classic office desk with drawers and a built-in bookshelf. It has a spacious workstation and quality that speaks volumes about manufactured.
Product Variants: This product is available in two colors — black and coffee.
7. FURINNO Econ Home Office Computer Writing Desk
- Simple stylish design yet functional and suitable for any room
- Material: Manufactured from Engineered particle board, non-woven bins....
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget
- Features slide-out keyboard drawer, CPU Storage and a non-woven drawer
- Some assembly required. Please see instruction. Product dimension:...
If you're looking for the best study desk that comes with ample storage space for your books and a keyboard tray, count on the Furinno Eco Home Office Computer Writing Desk. The study desk comes with a modern style and is manufactured with composite wood, and though it's larger than other models, it still fits in small spaces. Besides, it has more storage space for displaying books than most other study desks, and there are six different colors to pick from.
Most users usually prefer this office setting because it fits in small spaces and is easy to assemble. In addition, they say the office set is sturdy and hold a Smart TV, screen and PC without an issue. However, some users complain of receiving lousy quality desks with cheap finishes and dents.
8. 4NM Small Desk Computer Desk Study Writing Table
- 【Folding design】 You can fold or unfold it in a few seconds...
- 【Small desk】Suitable for small spaces.
- 【Expanded Sized】31.5x17.72x29.72 inches
- 【Folding Sized】31.5x2.55x29.72 inches
- 【Excellent after-sales service】If you should receive any damage or...
4NM Small Desk Computer Writing Desk is the best study desk for you if you have limited space at home and need a study desk that you can fold and store. This small desk has an iron frame with a 2 cm iron pipe and comes with a folding mechanism with anti-rust hinges for added durability. Besides, you can place this small desk anywhere you see fit, and there are seven different colors to pick from.
Users usually love how lightweight the small desk is and compliment the amount of legroom it offers. Also, they say that the study desk is an excellent choice if you don't have adequate space and the price is reasonable for what you get. However, some users complain of receiving the study desk with missing screws and arrives with dents and damaged.
9. Prepac Wall Mounted Desk with Storage, Floating
- Mount at any Height with Prepac metal hanging rail system
- Cable and wire management features keep your desk organized
- Side compartments with two removable shelves each are ideal for...
- Store books, photographs and other items on the Top shelf
- Proudly manufactured in North America
Prepac Wall Mounted Desk is the best study desk to count on if you have adequate space on your floor. It's the best small study desk for limited study spaces as it only takes a little space and is ideal for a small college room. This small desk features three shelves enough for book storage and other office essentials. You can mount it on your home office too, low to sit while working or high and make it to a standing desk. Additionally, one of the best things about this small desk is the built-in cable management. It usually keeps the desktop free for more space and always looks neat.
This wall-mounted desk is the best option if you prefer minimalist, clean lines in your home office. In addition, you can mount the desk at any height using a rail-mounted fixing system. That's essential if you're looking to save space with your small study desk.
10. Executive Office Solutions Portable Laptop Desk
- Light weight aluminum tray – makes carrying easy and holds your...
- Fully adjustable legs – rotate 360 degrees and lock in place at...
- Multiple uses – table can also be used for a TV dinner tray, sound...
- Silent USB powered CPU cooling fans – connect USB cord (included) to...
- Money back guarantee – If you do not like it or don't want it for...
Product Variants: This product is available in four colors — blue, white, gray, and lavender.
If you are looking for the best study desk that's portable, allowing you to carry it wherever you go, count on the Executive Office Solutions Portable Laptop Desk. The desk is ideal for college students who prefer to study in the library most of the time. In addition, it's an excellent solution for laptops that overheat quickly. Besides, it helps reduce the operating temperature of your laptop and allows airflow around it. Moreover, it works with silent USB-power CPU cooling fans and has fully adjustable table legs which rotate 360 degrees and lock in place at different angles.
With this desk, you can study while standing or sitting or adjust it up during the day. It's small and light so you can pack it into your backpack and take it with you. Besides, you can use it for a TV dinner tray, projector, book tray, tablet holder, writing desk and standing desk. The lightweight aluminum tray usually makes carrying easy and holds your laptop at almost any angle and position. Moreover, this small desk comes with non-slip feet on desktops and tabletops.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Small Study Desk
With a wide range of manufacturers, getting the best quality of the study desk can be tricky. However, it's a good rule of thumb for a steel frame desk and a wooden tabletop. Particleboards are also common. Besides, some desks are height adjustable, and your kids can use them when they grow. Moreover, the sit/stand desks are a great option though some can prove to be wobbly.
2. Desk size
In this case, we are looking for the best small study desk that will fit in your small space in your home office. If you're looking to save space, we recommend choosing the L-shaped desks. Besides, take into consideration the weight of the product.
Furthermore, different desks are made with various weight limits, and some standing desks usually get a bit wobbly if you overload them.
3. Type of desk
When buying the best study table, pay attention to the type of desk you want since you know the size. There are several styles of study desks to choose from. For example, you can opt for an L-shaped gaming desk, standing desk, writing desk, artist, or ergonomic desk. Ergonomic desks and standing desks are usually the healthier options . Conversely, artist desks, standing desks and gaming decks are more use-oriented.
4. Desk measurements
Most small desks are usually 31 inches wide, while the largest ones measure 60 inches. You need to ensure that the desk you invest in can fit in your area effortlessly. If you have a small workspace, go for the most miniature desk.
If you are moving around the room a lot, you need to look for an office desk with wheels. Some study desks are lightweight can you can pick them easily though they can't handle a lot of weight. Besides, if you consider moving to another location, ensure you get a desk that's convenient for transportation and assembly.
6. Storage space
Storage space is crucial in a study desk. Some desks come with several drawers, shelves and bins that you can use as storage space for your documents or other materials. Having ample storage space is always a plus.
When shopping for small desks that you can comfortably use in your bedroom, you need to invest in a desk that won't crumble within a few months. Also, since desks usually take a lot of rough handling, look for a suitable surface easy to write on. Finally, a good desk will last you a couple of years.
8. Intended use
Not all study desks like a ladder desk or secretary desks will work will all people. You will come across desks that are better for small rooms, better for ample room and more. Since each type of study desk will have its uses, we will have to pair the study desk to the best possible use.
Why We Recommend a Corner Study Desk
Corner desks take up a lot of space, and it's not ideal if you live in a small apartment or do not have a separate study in your house. But let's say you have a more extensive area that allows you to get a bigger study table; we recommend getting a corner study desk like this L-shaped table from Teraves.
One reason is that it gives you more than enough space to work on your computer and do something else on the side while also keeping all your things within arm's reach. It also allows you to move more freely and not constrict your arms and elbows while working.
Another good reason to invest in a corner study desk is the additional space beneath the desk. You can squeeze in a file cabinet right next to you and reduce the need for more extensive cabinets that will only crowd your office.
What is the Best Budget Study Desk?
Buying a budget study desk is more than just getting a piece of furniture that suits your style and is also reasonably priced. It should provide you with enough space to allow you to work comfortably while also addressing needs you might not have thought about yet.
This industrial-style study desk from Coavas is a perfect example of a budget desk that does not compromise quality for the price. It's made with high-quality wood for the surface and heavy-duty metal for the legs and framing.
It's great for doing simple work on your computer or even more extensive projects that require more space and materials. Above all, its classic and straightforward design allows the table to fit anywhere without being an eyesore.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Study Desk?
1. Helps improve concentration
Studying in the living room or at the dining table can be distracting when everyone passes by. Also, you might want to catch up with your favorite TV show instead of studying or doing homework. Having a study desk makes it easier to concentrate. The workspace usually allows you to concentrate. Moreover, the workspace allows you to focus and be motivated to get through your workload. Plus, you can arrange it to your liking and have reminder notes with deadlines on it, letting you know what needs to be done. A small desk also allows you to easily store office supplies such as documents, books and other items.
2. Ideal for creating a dedicated study zone
Purchasing a study desk is crucial in creating a distraction-free environment. It helps you learn how to set aside time to concentrate on your studies and homework. This way, you learn to be more independent and take the initiative to keep a clean and neat workspace. Moreover, the study desk should only have materials needed to study or work, so it's easier to concentrate on the task at hand.
3. Offers more comfort
Though the bed is a comfortable place, truth be told; it's not a healthy ergonomic way to study or work. The couch isn't the best way either. A dedicated office desk with a comfortable chair usually encourages good posture. Besides, it is essential for you if you sit for long hours. Having enough body support and posture prevents future health-related complications. Comfort and good health is exactly what everyone is striving for.
4. Desks can help in learning responsibility.
If the small desk is meant for your Kid, as time goes by, she will one day transition to college and either live in their apartment or hostel room. Either way, they will be out of the house and eventually learn to be by themselves. Thus having a small desk helps them be responsible from an early phase. It might seem tight though it helps.
First, it allows the Kid to keep their spaces neat. Secondly, the Kid will learn to develop a sense of ownership for the work area, feeling proud of the work they completed there and how neat they have kept it. Moreover, it gets them into the habit of cleaning down the study desk.
Best Kid Study Desk
For kids' desks, it's essential to get something that addresses their needs and comes in a design that children won't get tired of looking at and using every day. For example, if you have girls at home, it would be nice to get them a desk in playful colors while the boys' room would look great with a gray or white table.
4NM terms of construction, a kid's study desk shouldn't have sharp edges as much as possible and must be made with high-grade materials to prevent injury while they study. Check out this Media Desk and Chair Set from Guidecraft for quality options.
Do We Recommend Tangkula Computer Desk?
We recommend the Tangkula Computer Desk for teenagers or those with more diminutive stature as it may not be spacious and high enough for taller adults. Also, while the drawers help make this desk multifunctional, it may be a serious drawback if you prefer more legroom underneath your desk. Overall, though, it's a reliable desk with sturdy construction and is perfect for your home office.
Our Best Ideas for a Study Desk for Small Spaces
Having a limited floor space at home does not mean you have to scrimp on furniture pieces like a study desk. This CubiCubi Industrial-Style Table could be the answer to your problem because it comes with additional storage on the side and a handy bag hook on the other.
Its metal construction is not too bulky either, leaving you with more space underneath that you can maximize for other purposes. Another option would be to opt-in for a floating desk, which could save some space.
Best Ikea Study Desk Alternative
The Ikea brand is founded on creating furniture pieces that are both simple and functional; This means that the best alternative to an Ikea study desk is one that also serves its purpose and is not too complicated to use.
If you prefer a study desk that's close to the ones sold on Ikea, you will do better to find one with a minimalist design. Go for something easy to assemble on your own, low-maintenance, and painted in neutral colors.
Best Combination of Study Table and Chair
When buying a study table and chair set meanwhile, you have to keep in mind that both pieces should complement each other; This isn't to say they should match down to the very last detail, although they should at least be made in the same material. We would also recommend matching it with an area rug for more symmetry!
It's excellent to have them in different colors but make sure that their dimensions are appropriate to one another. For example, you wouldn't want a much taller chair than your desk. Brands usually offer set deals, and that's a safer option if you're unsure how to mix and match tables and chairs.
Ultimately, everything boils down to whether it addresses your needs and fits the budget.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Small Study Desk
1. What's a good size desk for studying?
A study desk should be about 26 to 30 inches in height for a comfortable seating position. Otherwise, if the desk height is incorrect, go for a study desk with an adjustable mechanism and an ergonomic design. Besides, the best way to check the correct desk height is by sitting and seeing if the study desk height is comfortable.
2. Should you allow your Kid choose the study desk?
If the small study desk is for your kids, it is a great idea to choose them since they have ideas of what they want to use and see in their rooms; This is also the same case with furniture. In addition, having a happy kid with the study desk means they'll be more likely to crave to study.