A water softener is needed if you live in an area with hard water. It will assist you in preventing limescale buildup on your showers and sinks. With the different brands we have on the market, it may not be easy to find the best water softener for you. This is very important if you are getting a water softener for your home for the first time.
As a result, we’ve assembled an expert study of the top 6 electronic water descaler reviews. We’ve also provided the advantages and disadvantages of each product we’ve tested.
This is to help you make an educated decision on which one to purchase. Let’s get started!
- Best Water Descaler Reviews
- 1. Eddy Electronic Water Descaler-Water Softener Alternative.
- 2. iSpring ED2000 – Whole House Salt-Free Electronic Descaler
- 3. Aquasana EQ-AST SimplySoft (Descaler System)
- 4. HQUA 5000E Electronic water softener
- 5. scale watcher 3-star residential water descaler.
- 6. AO Smith – Whole House Salt-Free Water Descaler
- How does a water softener work?
Best Water Descaler Reviews
1. Eddy Electronic Water Descaler-Water Softener Alternative.
- No salt alternative to a water softener. Emulates softened water...
- Made in BRITAIN. 12 month 100% "no quibble" Money-Back Guarantee +...
- Easy customer installation on metal or plastic pipes. Helps prevent...
- Descales entire water system. Maintenance-free with great results up...
- Environmentally friendly. No salt added to your water and users report...
The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is all you’ll need to keep your sinks gleaming. It not only avoids limescale buildup but also eliminates it.
You still don’t have to be concerned about your water losing beneficial minerals. This descaler can be used in place of a water softener while still preserving the necessary minerals.
Also, you approve the descaler to improve skin health because it is salt-free. The salt-free alternative also makes it very environmentally friendly.
The Eddy Water electronic water softener descaler is relatively easy to install and one of the easiest you will come across for a water descaler. Make sure that you install it in a protected area as it is not waterproof. It’s also pretty easy to maintain as it doesn’t require any sanitary modifications or special cleaning.
- Easy installation
- Environmentally friendly
- Maintains healthy minerals
- It is not as effective as traditional salt-based water softeners at softening water.
2. iSpring ED2000 – Whole House Salt-Free Electronic Descaler
- [Improve Water Quality] Solves hard water problems without the need...
- [Reliable Descaler] Descales your entire water system and prevents...
- [Environmental Friendly] Designed for very hard water areas (10-19...
- [Easy Installation] No plumbing modifications required....
- [No change on Chemistry of Water] Unlike salt water softeners, ED2000...
Need to solve your hard water problems without using chemicals or salt? The iSpring ED2000 electronic water softener might be a good option for you. This descaler erases all calcium deposits with zero salt and chemicals. The feature makes it convenient for people who have salt-restricted diets.
This Whole House Water Descaler can descale your entire water system and is built for all hard water areas. It also deals with tankless water heaters, extending the life of your household appliances.
Installation of iSpring ED2000 does not take much time or space. The installation can be done on PVC. PVX, copper, or a CPVC pipe. Also, this is a worthwhile purchase as no plumbing or cleaning is required.
You won’t lose out on safe minerals in your water with the ispring ed2000 whole-house electronic descaler water purifier. Some salt-based water softeners, on the other hand, exclude these minerals. Your hair and skin will be healthier than ever if you keep these minerals in your water supply.
- It is salt and chemical-free
- Easy to install
- Retains healthy minerals
- Plumbing modifications not required
- Descales your entire water system.
- It must be located near a power outlet. This restricts where it can be used in the house.
3. Aquasana EQ-AST SimplySoft (Descaler System)
Aquasana Simplysoft Whole House Descaler is an easy-to-use lime for hard-water houses. It’s referred to as “environmentally friendly” because it doesn’t use salt or toxic chemicals. It uses nucleation-assisted crystallization technology. The technology naturalizes your water without adding sodium, which is not beneficial to the environment.
This Aquasana descaler system will extend the life of your home appliances by preventing limescale buildup. It will also reduce plumbing costs by eliminating the need for maintenance. It will also keep all your glassware, faucets, and sinks stain-free. As a result, your home will have a tidy and friendly appearance.
Unlike salt-based water softeners, this descaler does not rob you of minerals. With this, you will get rid of dandruff from your water and minerals to improve your hair and skin health.
Maintenance is easy because you don’t have to add salt or drain wastewater now and then. Also, this descaler does not need to be cleaned.
- Convenient for a salt-free diet.
- Easy to maintain
- Environmentally friendly
- Does not use harsh chemicals
- Keeps sinks and faucets stain-free
- Changing the pre-filter can be a hurdle.
- The 6-year warranty is only valid if you install a licensed plumber.
4. HQUA 5000E Electronic water softener
- HOW IT WORKS? Descale the existing deposit in your entire pipe system...
- THE BENEFITS YOU WOULD GET: Blocking, Worse heating efficiency, Rust...
- ADVANTAGES: Cable bands works great in this new technology since it...
- NOTICES: The Max Pipe Size: 1-1/2”. The Max Water Hardness: 25 gpg...
- 1 YEAR-100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. You would get a full, no quibble...
The HQUA 5000E electronic water softener uses cutting-edge eco-friendly technology. It de-salts and de-chlorinates water without the use of chemicals or salt. As a result of this feature, it is both environmentally friendly and healthy to consume. It also means that the water supply is not too sodium-laden.
This descaler is very cost-effective as compared to conventional water softeners. This is because it does not necessitate scheduled maintenance or implementation. It does an outstanding job once integrated and does not need chemical replacement. Moreover, installation is relatively easy with the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
This HQUA water softener should be good news for anyone who has trouble combing their hair. It just extracts lime, leaving good minerals in your hair to keep it tangle-free.
Do you get tired of wearing wrinkled clothes after they’ve been washed? This HQUA water softener is here to make your washing experience more enjoyable. It naturalizes your water, giving your clothes a silky feel after they’ve been washed.
- Smooths laundry making it comfortable on the skin
- Eliminates stains
- Saves energy
- Dissolves existing lime
- Does not require sanitation
- Since it does not act as a water softener, it is insufficient for those searching for a hard water softener.
5. scale watcher 3-star residential water descaler.
- PATENTED ORIGINAL: Keep lime build-up at bay with the original...
- SUPERIOR LIMESCALE CONTROL: No more clogged appliances; no more cloudy...
- SALT-FREE; LOW MAINTENANCE: Unlike salt-based water conditioners that...
- SIMPLE TO INSTALL: No plumbing changes involved. No electrician...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Safely soften water and prevent lime build-up...
Scalewatcher 3 original Scale Remover is widely used in factories and water parks. It builds everything you need to keep the scale at bay. It provides superior scale control with the 600mA power it uses to fight scale.
With superior performance, this descaler will improve the longevity of your home appliances. Besides, it will help strengthen your kitchen because you will no longer have foggy dishes.
Maintaining salt-based water softeners is costly. This cutting-edge electronic descaler requires no maintenance. You won’t need to call your plumber for improvements once they’ve been fitted. This is due to the fact that it is salt-free, and you do not need to check the salt level on a regular basis. This is left with minimal chemicals in your water system. This means that you will have water that is gentle and healthy for your hair and skin.
This device is very versatile, and it works on all your diameters. Whether you have plastic or metal water lines, this device is good for you.
- It is easy to install.
- Inexpensive maintenance
- Mounting hardware is included
- Retains important minerals
- Zero plumbing changes
- Some users complain that it requires a regular reset.
6. AO Smith – Whole House Salt-Free Water Descaler
- Salt-Free Scale Prevention - The AO-WH-DSCLR naturally reduces scale...
- Works For All Your Water Needs - System works effectively on water for...
- Well Or City Water - Our Whole House Descaler is engineered to work...
- Long Lasting & Cost Efficient - Reduces scale build-up for up to...
- Includes one Whole House Descaler, shut-off valve, hose adapter and...
Are you looking for a salt-free system to help you naturalize your water? For you, the AO Smith Water Descaler is an excellent alternative. First and foremost, it features salt-free technology. This way, you can naturalize your water without removing beneficial nutrients.
Up to 600,000 gallons of water can be descaled with this descaler. It’s suitable for a big family because of this feature. Since this descaler is so flexible, it will work if you’re using city or well water.
It also includes extra accessories to improve the user experience. A whole-house descaler, hose adapter, nipple, and shut-off valve are among them. Furthermore, the setup is straightforward. You will have the system descaling ready in no time.
This system will not let you down when it comes to enhancing your laundry routine. The chlorine that is present in hard water comes out as gas. This makes the water fresher and odor-free. This means that your laundry will always smell fresh and feel pleasantly soft after washing.
The unit is also straightforward to maintain. Once you install it, there is no need to drain or fill it.
- Very versatile
- Easy to install
- Stress-free maintenance
- Reduces down payment for six years
- Salt-free technology
- It lasts long
- The system is a little noisy.
How does a water softener work?
Well, let’s see how water softeners work if you are using them for the first time.
The salt-free water softeners do not soften water, but they do realign the ions. This is usually done by a magnet or cartridge that is included in the device. The water ions repel each other as a result of the magnet. As a result, they are less likely to accumulate in sinks and faucets.
An electronic water softener does not remove these minerals from your water. All it does is prevent limescale buildup. The descaler also removes any harmful substances. This includes chlorine, which would be harmful to your skin and hair.
Advantages of electronic water descaler
Why invest in a water softener? Maybe this is a question that goes through your mind when you draw the budget of your house. Well, there are many benefits associated with a water softener. Let’s take a look below.
It extends the life of your home appliances. Ignoring the buildup of limescale in your water system is a risk you can’t afford to take. You will end up destroying your water pipes and home appliances. Water descalers eliminate the buildup of scale. This, in turn, increases the life and functionality of your salt-based appliances.
It also improves your skin and hair health care. This is because water softeners keep the healthy minerals in your water system. Thus, this could be a worthwhile investment for your family’s health care. Another advantage of this descaler is that it is an ideal substitute for salt in a low-salt diet.
Also, you may want to get an electronic water softener to reduce your energy costs. This is because the device remains operational. This is in contrast to conventional salt-based water softeners, which consume a significant amount of energy.
We’ve all seen the cloudy effect and stains that come from washing with hard water. Water softeners are a great way to keep your home in good shape. They’ll make certain that none of the surfaces are stained.
Water softeners are also low-maintenance devices. As compared to water softeners, which need regular salt additions, this is a significant saving.
How to Set Up
You now understand why you need a water softener. It’s time to show you how to put it together. To begin, figure out if your home has an aerated or non-aerated water system.
A cold water storage tank is located in the attic on top of the airing cupboard in a vented water system. A non-vented water system, on the other hand, does not have a water tank.
With a vented water system, the descaler can be mounted wherever your cold mains are. It is also important to mount it on the hot cylinder’s cold down operation. This ensures that the scale does not build upon the immersion element, which can cause it to break down. If your home is five bedrooms plus, you will need to fix a single LP2 on the mains and an LP1 on the cold down service.
If you have a non-vented system, all that matters is that it should be done on the cold mains pipe. This is because the descaling solenoid releases currents in all directions. Thus, the direction of water flow is not a problem.
You will be able to select the best water descaler for you based on the above feedback. Mind, we didn’t highlight the most expensive descalers to inspire you to spend a lot of money. We’ve outlined the best options for your water supply.
Every household has its own collection of needs. It is entirely up to you to decide which electronic water descaler is best for you. The good news is that these systems don’t need the use of salt bags because they’re all salt-free!