There are so many different leather handbag styles that you'd love ranging from crossbody styles to shoulder or carry bag styles. When shopping for the best buttery soft leather handbags, you'll probably start by looking through the most popular ones, but can you be sure that they are super soft or at least made from real soft leather?
While on your search for the best, here are a few pointers: Lambskin is one of the softest real leather that'll give you that buttery soft feel. Some brands will combine lambskin leather for its softness and goatskin leather to hold the bag shape.
What Is Buttery Soft Leather?
Very specifically put, it's the most delightful type of softest leather that creates that one-of-a-kind, gorgeous supple bag. It may not be a specific type of leather, but the sensation it leaves on your fingertips while touching it will definitely give you the sizzle. This is a term used to give you an idea of how soft and smooth the leather is.
Like butter, it is soft but kept flat. It has the charm of saddle leather, but it's protected from environmental aggressions under its waxy finish. Buttery leather is a hand-charmer that gives you every sense of a leather connoisseur.
Everyone wants a great-quality, high-fashion, real leather handbag, not just as a statement piece, but also on the search to shop for high quality, and that'll last you good and long as your favorite day-to-day companion. Unfortunately, for this, cheap leather isn't really an option. So to help in your shopping at the best price, here are some of the best buttery soft leather handbags in different styles that you're definitely going to love at the best price possible, all because you deserve it.
1. Chloé Faye Shoulder Soft Leather Bag
The Chloé Faye shoulder bag comes in different colors and finishes, so you are sure to find something that you like. Some come in a calfskin flap version if you aren’t so much of a suede fan, but if you've always been drawn to the contrast in color and texture of suede against calfskin, there's one that has the calfskin body and a suede flap.
Aesthetics is one of the most important, if not the most important, factors when trying to make a big bag purchase. Before taking the plunge, always take the time to assess if the bag matches your personal style or suits your lifestyle; for many people who like something chic, Faye does just that.
This Chloé Faye bag comes in a beautiful and unique design that you absolutely love, especially if you like designs that are a little more unique. It has taken the fashion world by storm as one of the most recognizable bags with a design that remains unique to the Chloé brand.
This bag strikes a balance between luxury and boho, and many people say it matches great to just about any outfit. In addition, it comes in different colors, such as a motty grey color, which is probably the most versatile color in the collection.
Because the grey color chic bag comes with a long strap, it has a freestyle that you can wear as a crossbody or shoulder bag with nearly any outfit, including the thick coats that are coming back as we move into colder weather seasons. The materials that make up this Faye bag are soft and high in quality, while the leather is buttery smooth and soft to the touch with immaculate stitching.
2. ECOSUSI Vegan Leather Tote Bag Convertible Backpack
- VERSATILITY- With 2 adjustable and detachable shoulder...
- EFFICIENTLY ORGANIZED - Main compartment with a padded laptop sleeve...
- HUMANIZATION - 1 front open pocket for quick access, 1 back hidden...
- COMPACT - Dimension: 11"L x 4.9"W x 14.7"H ; Weight: 2lb. Crafted from...
- AFTER-SALE SERVICE - ECOSUSI provides outstanding products and a...
Suppose you want the functionality of a backpack doubled up with the elegance of a tote. In that case, you can actually get it both ways with this free-structured ECOSUSI vegan leather convertible backpack and tote bag. With some simple strap adjustments, it easily converts from a backpack into a shoulder bag.
It makes for an amazing laptop bag for its price since it includes a padded laptop sleeve that helps ensure that your computer stays safe inside. Additionally, it comes with a zip pocket, 2 open pockets, and 2 pen holders. All these features make it a splendid work tote if you're going out on business.
3. Tory Burch Women's Kira Chevron Crossbody
- Leather: Lambskin
- Quilted leather, Polished gold-tone hardware and logo emblem
- Length: 8.75in / 22cm
- Height: 9in / 23cm
- Magnetic snap at interior
Here's another attractive quilted crossbody leather bag design that's made of soft lambskin leather. The top comes with a drawstring and a magnetic snap closure. This adorable mini-size bucket bag goes well with casual or business-casual attire.
The adjustable strap means a freestyle that you can wear as a crossbody or a shoulder bag. Inside comes a zipper pocket and enough room to carry or sort out your essential items, such as a tablet, phone, full-size wallet, keys, makeup, and other items even despite its 'mini' tag size.
As you're shopping, note that it comes in 4 colors: Pink City, Limone, black and black, and cream. However, what you'll probably most love about this bag is its silhouette because it feels more relaxed and a little more bohemian.
This is a much nicer alternative find that you'll love, compared to some of the boxier satchels. Also, unlike other bucket bags that you might find falling in when you set them down, this bucket bag comes with a base that helps it stand upright and keep its shape.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Megan Tote
- Antique Brass Hardware
- 16.75"W X 11.5"H X 5.75"D
- Genuine leather
- 10" Strap Drop
- 1 exterior back slide pocket
If you're searching for another tote bag option, the Rebecca Minkoff Megan tote is another viable option. It comes with an open compartment and secures the items inside using a black color dog-clip and magnetic snap closure. It features an exterior slide back pocket and an interior slide pocket.
As an industry leader in the accessible luxury bags category, Rebecca Minkoff only sells modern bohemian designs and colors inspired by confident and powerful women who join and embody an effortless, free-spirited lifestyle order.
5. S-ZONE Women's Genuine Leather Tote Bag, Large Shoulder Bag
- Material: Made of vintage crazy horse leather (genuine leather) and...
- Dimensions & Weight: (L x W x H) The whole bag - 15.95” x 3.94” x...
- Humanized Design of Upgraded Version: The insert pouch, interior...
- Large Capacity: One large compartment for 15.6 in laptop(outside the...
- Features: The leather patina will be more typical with time goes by....
If you're in search of another tote, here's a large tote for work with plenty of room for everything including, your laptop, work, makeup, phone, a bunch of keys, and even that midday snack. Although it's much larger, it sort of still remains slim against your body and won't get in your way while you use it.
It can carry a 15.6-inch laptop and isn't bulky. It might be a little stiff at first since it's packaged flat, but after some time, you'll notice that it becomes softer. This tote is made from genuine cow split leather with adjustable straps for a beautiful shoulder design.
What to Consider As You Shop for the Best Soft Leather Handbags?
A) How to Care For A Soft Leather Handbag?
- Occasionally wipe your leather bag clean with a soft, damp cloth to give it a clean color and look
- Apply a leather wax or cream to help add a layer of protection to its surface to help repel scratches and scuffs superficially. Also, choose a cream that contains natural waxes to give your leather piece a rich look and a barrier against moisture and dirt
- Regularly air out your leather bags
- Blot away water or any moisture on it as soon as you can
- Dry it naturally when wet never use artificial heat
- Use a specialized leather conditioner every 3-6 months to help keep the leather supple
B) What Are The Different Leather Types?
Leather types can be referred to differently, but in this context, to help you search and shop for the best, we’ll refer to the different tanning methods and hide types:
- Vegetable-tanned leather- leather tanned using a tannin color which naturally occurs in plant matter color or a tree bark color
- Chrome tanned leather- chrome, also known as chromium tanning, is quite a popular and efficient way to color due to the properties of chromium. This type tends to give a soft, thin leather since the chromium binds to the collagen that's present in rawhides. It also increases spaces between proteins in the hide to allow the leather to be more stretchable and resist shrinkage
- Calfskin leather- This comes from young cows and is generally quite soft and pliable. Its smooth nature makes it great for shoes and boots
- Sheep leather/ Sheepskin- This is another popular choice because it often comes with one side that's leather while the other is covered in wool. The wool will naturally draw sweat away from you, making it ideal for use all year-round. This is best used on seat upholstery, slippers, boots, and moccasins
- Shell cordovan/ Horse leather - This type is mostly associated with the premium 'cordovan' leather which is made from the back section of a horse. It's quite dense but smooth. It works great for premium shoes and gloves
- PU/Bicast - This is leather that's made with a split leather backing and a layer of polyurethane or vinyl that is embossed/impressed on top
- Faux leather / Synthetic leather- This is plastic that's manufactured to look and smell like real leather
D) What Leather Qualities to Look Out For?
In reality, the names and qualities will refer more to the way the leather used to make the bag has been split and how the surface has been treated to sell:
- Full Grain Leather
This leather cut contains the outer layer of the hide that's referred to as the 'grain.' It hasn’t been sanded or buffed out to remove any of the imperfections. Generally, only the hair will be removed in most full-grain leather items.
- Top Grain Leather
This is a cut that's quite similar to full-grain, except that the very top layer is sanded and/or buffed to remove any imperfections or irregularities for a neat finish. This, in turn, makes the leather softer and more pliable
- Genuine Leather/ Corrected Leather
Genuine leather can actually come from any layer of the hide, and it undergoes treatment on the surface to provide a more uniform, 'corrected' or 'refined' appearance. It can be either sanded or buffed to remove the surface imperfections
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Buttery Soft Leather Handbags
1. What is the best oil for a soft leather bag?
Many products are available to improve the appearance and moisturize real leather. Still, a dab of coconut, sunflower, or vegetable oil, evenly rubbed, is all it really needs for maintenance. Also, consider moisturizers to help with water resistance.
2. What ways can you restore leather handbags?
To help you restore and revive the colors back again on leather, apply Leather Honey to the faded areas. It is recommended that you apply the entire piece rather than spot treat it.
3. How often to condition a leather bag?
Typically, leather will only need treatment a couple of times a year. However, if you are a little adventurous, then your bag must last through the most extreme conditions, so you might want to condition your bag 3-4 times each year. If the bag happens to get wet or rained on, then apply the conditioner before you allow the bag to dry out.
4. How to quickly spot the difference between real leather and faux leather?
If you're in the search of real genuine leather, it is quite unique since no two hides are similar. Most often, cow leather will feature hallmarks like stretch marks, scars, and veins from its origin, which adds to the overall character and beauty of the leather piece.
Genuine leather will also feature some sort of inconsistent pores and marks, which makes it beautifully differentiated from faux leather giving it a distinctive look. On the other hand, faux leather is quite uniform even when it's designed to look natural since the pores are synthetic.